A few questions regarding 3rd party apps

gtrplyr

Jun 6, 2008
are all the apps in the same place or do you have to go to several different places to find certain apps?

whats the safest jailbreak?

is there a site that lists all apps i can look through to find the ones i like?

thanks

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
You can jailbreak your iPhone using ziPhone. It is the easiest and safest way to jailbreak your iPhone. Download, install, open, click "jailbreak", wait 35 seconds and you're done.

One jailbreaked, you will find apps under "Installer", a new icon that will be on your springboard. Open Installer and browse for apps you want to install.

Install, try and if you don't like the app, simply uninstall.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
You can jailbreak your iPhone using ziPhone. It is the easiest and safest way to jailbreak your iPhone. Download, install, open, click "jailbreak", wait 35 seconds and you're done.

One jailbreaked, you will find apps under "Installer", a new icon that will be on your springboard. Open Installer and browse for apps you want to install.

Install, try and if you don't like the app, simply uninstall.
Well, seb, I wouldn't go that far. You may want to take a look through this sub-forum and note any postings regarding applications that you should be aware of. I RARELY ever install an application before I hear some reviews on it. I'm glad I did my research too, because a month ago or so Kate looked very tempting to install and well....

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Well, seb, I wouldn't go that far. You may want to take a look through this sub-forum and note any postings regarding applications that you should be aware of. I RARELY ever install an application before I hear some reviews on it. I'm glad I did my research too, because a month ago or so Kate looked very tempting to install and well....
You're right. Like you, I always google the name of the app I'm interested in and look at some feedback. I also always search for the app name in EIC.

gtrplyr

Jun 6, 2008
ehh? its that easy? lol are there any sites that show all the apps that are in the installer tab? i want to look at the apps before i get my ipod touch because im bored :D

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
ehh? its that easy? lol are there any sites that show all the apps that are in the installer tab? i want to look at the apps before i get my ipod touch because im bored :D
Not sure if there is a site where you can view everything in Installer.

Besides, once Installer is installed on your iPhone, you usually have to add new sources. A source is an application provider, like a hub for distributing apps, if that makes sense.