A Few Things We Need Here

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
I would like to propose a couple of things for the forum... first thing would be a quick reply section on the bottom of the postings... that would make things much easier if it can be done on this board... also maybe an iPhone version for the awesomeness of EDGE while on the iPhone itself.... and finally maybe a NEWBIE section because i have noticed a bunch of posts about "im new and lost" or "i want ring tones" maybe this will attract the new iPhone users and not clog up the other sections....

Just suggestions...

Any other suggestions?

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I would like to propose a couple of things for the forum... first thing would be a quick reply section on the bottom of the postings... that would make things much easier if it can be done on this board... also maybe an iPhone version for the awesomeness of EDGE while on the iPhone itself.... and finally maybe a NEWBIE section because i have noticed a bunch of posts about "im new and lost" or "i want ring tones" maybe this will attract the new iPhone users and not clog up the other sections....

Just suggestions...

Any other suggestions?
Well, you asked for other suggestions, not comments to your suggestions, which by the way are mostly very good.:) The Newbie section, however, may not work. It will just become a dumping ground for repeat questions. Even the most helpful among us would soon grow weary of answering the same questions again and again. The forum is already categorized and, ideally, a newbie ought to do a search first for an answer to his/her question before posting an "I am new here" question....Ideally...

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007

Just suggestions...

Any other suggestions?
I refuse to use EDGE to get to this site. If my choices were limited to EDGE or a bullet to the head... I'll take the bullet. :laugh2:

Seriously, if it weren't for WiFi I wouldn't have kept the iPhone.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
great to see some action on this thread... Keep it going maybe we can get some change... As far ad the Newbie section I'm just sick of the first time posters posting questions in every spot with answers that are readily available... But I'm out everyone have fun... I'm a tad bit on te drunk side cause I'm at a haloween party right now ... Wwheee

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

Just suggestions...

Any other suggestions?

Ok let's see... About your first idea... don't we already have the "quick reply?" its on the bottom LEFT of every post. Bottom right gives the option to just thank or "quote and reply" like im doing now.... Do we really need a FOURTH button down there..?

Secondly, about edge, im in Savannah GA and edge is NOT A PROBLEM! I assume it is where you are... Move. J/k.
Thirdly, as far as a "nooby" section goes, this WHOLE site is for noobies. The iPhone is only 4 months old. And just for the record, all that noobies need to know around here is what the "search button" does..

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca

Just suggestions...

Any other suggestions?

yes i agree.. there was quick reply at one time but now its gone...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Ok let's see... About your first idea... don't we already have the "quick reply?" its on the bottom LEFT of every post. Bottom right gives the option to just thank or "quote and reply" like im doing now.... Do we really need a FOURTH button down there..?

Secondly, about edge, im in Savannah GA and edge is NOT A PROBLEM! I assume it is where you are... Move. J/k.
Thirdly, as far as a "nooby" section goes, this WHOLE site is for noobies. The iPhone is only 4 months old. And just for the record, all that noobies need to know around here is what the "search button" does..

yes you are wrong on that , the button on the left is reply&quote.. not the QUICK REPLY that we are taling about.. it is not a button, it is a section on the bottom of the thread that you can just type the reply that you want without having to hit the reply&quote button...

Last edited by a moderator:

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
sorry to complain about this again but it now seems that the newbies are not only creating new posts but now don't even care and TITLE them with NEWIBIE I NEED HELP and such... maybe we should have a 25 post limit before we alow a member to create a thread... or how bout a 10 search minimum...