A friend was given an activated iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

zootor

Jul 5, 2007
My room mate's boss gave him his iPhone after he had activated it and realized he wanted to stay with his Blackberry! How does my friend now switch over his AT&T account to the iPhone if it has already been activated?

He's on a PC.

Thanks!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
My room mate's boss gave him his iPhone after he had activated it and realized he wanted to stay with his Blackberry! How does my friend now switch over his AT&T account to the iPhone if it has already been activated?

He's on a PC.

Thanks!
call att and deactivate the phone then reactivate it with your friends phone number

Stngray

Jul 1, 2007

He's on a PC.

Thanks!
Restore it using iTunes, put the old sim from his phone into the iPhone and try activating it.

Jun 30, 2007

He's on a PC.

Thanks!
zootor,

has the SIM card in the iPhone been deactivated?
does your roommate currently have a cingular plan?
if so, can tell your roommate to take the SIM card to a cingular store, tell them to activate his current plan on the iPhone SIM card?
don't tell the cingular store that the SIM card use to be activated, just tell them that you guys had an extra SIM card, and wanted to put your roommate's non-iphone plan on the SIM card
then stick the activated SIM card back in the iPhone and see if his plan will work in the iPhone?
lemme know if this works, thanks!