A good alternative

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kashbo25

Bronze
May 24, 2007
West Palm Beach Florida
I know most of us will go but the iPhone at a cingular or AT&T corporate store, but a good alternative is Apple the store, I asked my friend who is the manager of the palm beach gardens Apple store in the mall and he said even if your contract doesn't expire, everybody has to pay the 499 or 599 4-8gb models. So I know I am getting the 8gb no matter what. I feel sad for the people who live in the big cities like miami, LA, new york, you guys are going to have a lesser chance of getting a phone due to big crowds.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I know most of us will go but the iPhone at a cingular or AT&T corporate store, but a good alternative is Apple the store, I asked my friend who is the manager of the palm beach gardens Apple store in the mall and he said even if your contract doesn't expire, everybody has to pay the 499 or 599 4-8gb models. So I know I am getting the 8gb no matter what. I feel sad for the people who live in the big cities like miami, LA, new york, you guys are going to have a lesser chance of getting a phone due to big crowds.
I hope you manager friend is correct about the contracts. They'll sell all they can make then.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
have you seen how many Apple stores are in the LA area?

i can think of 5 off the top of my head. and those are the ones within 'reasonable' driving distance. more like 7-8 in the greater la/so cal area.

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
I also spoke to them in the PBG store. They also stated that they expect 300 lined up at that store and 200 at the AT&T store up the hall...:oops:

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
We can do shifts, or you can stand in one, and I can stand in the other, and we can call the other when we get to the beginning of the line.:laugh2:

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I also spoke to them in the PBG store. They also stated that they expect 300 lined up at that store and 200 at the AT&T store up the hall...:oops:
Funny that the stores probably wont even be getting half of those numbers of phones. But nobody knows.

My friend is going to be helping me scope out stores to see how the lines are the day and night before.