A GREAT tip for playing music while using some of your favorite apps...

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
I don't know if this is common knowledge but I found out that if you're listening to your iPod and launch a game (not all games work this way), double-tap the Home button and a mini-control display will come up and it will give you the option to click "Play" to continue playing once the app has loaded. I tested this on Enigmo and Chopper and both worked. The timing is the only variable really. If you press it too soon it won't prompt you or if it's too late I think it automatically gets overwritten by the in-game music. I was bummed that I couldn't get it work on Aurora Feint or Crash Nitro Kart but I'm sure there are plenty others that do support this feature.

I didn't bother to search because I was so excited about this finding. If it's old news, please disregard and don't be too harsh. I just wanted to share my excitement!

Edit: Apparently Engimo already supports playing the iPod in the background. However, it still holds true for Chopper which I double-checked.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
The excitement of discovery is awesome, isn't it?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
You can also lock the phone, which leaves the app running, and then double-click your Home button to bring up the iPod controls in the slide-to-unlock screen. Press Play, then unlock.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
The double-tap home feature is an Apple update, not something designed by App developers. A useful tip that some might not know, thanks!