A long line question

Neil

Bronze
OK, so there's a long line of ifans waiting outside Apple or AT&T and 6 pm is approaching. Think there's any chance someone will say "hey, sorry, we only got (fill in the blank) number of phones, so the rest of you can leave." ?
It always strikes me as crazy that places with 10 units of whatever-the-craze-is just let 500 people wait in line. Obviously, some may wait just in case, but at least give people a choice.:p

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
I'm sure that AT&T and Apple have a few tricks up their sleeves for the release. I cannot imagine them wanting to have long queue lines when they only have a few left.

I think it would be smart if once the line was long, they handed out slips to each person from the front back with a time on it to come back and then tell the rest that there are no more iPhones available. That would definitely help at places like Malls.

(Welcome to Everything iPhone!)

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
You would hope they would, but most of my experiences waiting for consoles they never did. Only once did they actually hand out numbers and once they said how many they were. I think it depends on the manager normally, hopefully they are a little more organized since it's just a release at their 'own' stores.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I have read online that if your store sells out that you will be able to place an order at the store to have an iPhone shipped to your house within 3-5 days.

They are a businesss, they want to sell things. It would make no sense to tell people to go home.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
OK, so there's a long line of ifans waiting outside Apple or AT&T and 6 pm is approaching. Think there's any chance someone will say "hey, sorry, we only got (fill in the blank) number of phones, so the rest of you can leave." ?
It always strikes me as crazy that places with 10 units of whatever-the-craze-is just let 500 people wait in line. Obviously, some may wait just in case, but at least give people a choice.:p
I've heard that at 6 PM they will pass out a chit for every phone they have in stock. If you have a chit, then you get a phone. If you don't, then you can wait to order one and get it the next week sometime depending on available inventories.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Yeah I suspect they will be taking orders for anyone who is not able to get one there. And they will either have you pick them up at the store or shipped to your house.