A month and a half later... Anyone else bored of the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CLOUDHOPPER

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Anyone else bored of their iPhone? Over a month has surpassed, no iChat, no push email (don't say yahoo is push because it isn't), no mms, no ringtones, no games. Im not a big fan of modding a phone so I have found this phone pretty dull.

Anyone else have the same thoughts? If Apple doesn't come out with an update soon (and none of the security update bs), then I'm going to switch back to the Blackberry.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I understand. I tend to get bored with video games (except madden) and medeocre movies. The iPhone, thankfully, is not boring in the least to me. Still fresh. I love this thing. I've got it nodded with the simpsons theme. People are tripping out when they see this thing.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I would not say I'm bored with it exactly. But, the things it lacks, the bugs, and the relatively poor call performance ( at least for me) are slowly dulling the lustre of this thing and becoming proportionately more annoying daily.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Anyone else bored of their iPhone? Over a month has surpassed, no iChat, no push email (don't say yahoo is push because it isn't), no mms, no ringtones, no games. Im not a big fan of modding a phone so I have found this phone pretty dull.

Anyone else have the same thoughts? If Apple doesn't come out with an update soon (and none of the security update bs), then I'm going to switch back to the Blackberry.

Not the least bit bored with my phone. If there was never another update I would still remain very happy with it. But then again, I knew what it would do (and not do) when I purchased it. None of the "features" that you feel it lacks are important to me.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Never will I switch to another phone. I love this thing so much that I have a rental phone with me while my real iPhone is getting repaired.

SingleDouble

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I understand the thread starter, but Apple makes it so that you just can't go back. I can't imagine switching back to another phone, but in the meantime, the update better be something really good, because' I'm sure getting sick of the inefficiencies of the email client in particular. Tap tap tap is sure gettng tiring.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i agree with the poster above. i still love my iPhone. but the crippled email app is really getting on my nerves, and ever since i installed the update the email has sent much, much slower. also lack of MMS, ringtones, good apps is bothering me. however i still like the iPhone more than any other phone i've had in the past.

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Not even a week yet for me.. Not bored yet but who knows what will happen.

I do wish it had more features as mentioned, but lets see what kinda updates we get in the future.

The iPhone reminds me of my PS3 where theres updates like every month.
So hopefully we get some tasteful updates from Apple.

abohsali

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Hi, Like any new gadget, You will loose the excitement after a while but I don't think 6 weeks is enough. considering the lack of real 3rd party applications on the iPhone this will be a factor for me. Every time I use safari or google maps on the go where I need quick (I mean very quick (instant) ) information about something or some place I get excited again and I remember why I bought the iPhone. I have been using pocket PCs and Symbian devices for 5 years and by far the iPhone is the easiest and fastest to use. This is enough excitement for me. Like I said before, What used to take me 3 minutes now takes me 30 seconds to find something on the web or google maps!

-Bohs

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
So Cloudhopper looks like you're pretty much in the minority. Sorry that the phone is not meeting your expectations. Better luck with your blackberry.

DrVest

Jul 3, 2007
I'm bored with mine. I've had it since release and now I look at it as more of an annoyance. The poor call quality, lack of basic features, and lack of updates has me looking at it as nothing more than a phone and a very unreliable one at that.

All of the comments from Apple execs stating that updates and support are coming really soon, etc. seem to be nothing more than smoke up the ol'arse.

My biggest problem is the call quality. The AT&T network is no where near as dependent as the Verizon network, at least where I live which is in Cincinnati. My Treo700 would hardly ever lose a signal and drop a call. It's to the point now that people don't even like to call me because of the interference and the likelyhood that I'll drop them. This is a true story and not an exaggeration.

If e-mail, MMS, and call quality were improved/integrated, I'd be in love all over again. The statement, "it's all coming and will be here soon" doesn't really work with me as it once did.

Losing more and more hope on a daily basis...

K

Kamer

I was bored with mine after 3 weeks. Well, not so much bored-just disappointed. I sold it and I'm very happy in doing so. I'm also pleased to see that the "update" apparently fixed no major issues besides security. Looks like I made the right choice.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

The iPhone is as cool today as it was when you bought it. Nothing has changed. You must get bored easily. Maybe you have Attention Deficit Disorder. You knew what you were gettin into before you bought it. This is gonna turn into one of those bitchin-about-the-iphone threads again.