A new cut-n-paste app: CopierciN

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
Just saw this at Sleepers: CopierciN - This is a cool app that implements some copy / paste functionality. It’s in the beta stages but has potential. It lets you import and export between apps like notes, sms, email.

Available via Cydia. :) Playing with it now....impressions l8r.

TeamPEZ

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
Marietta, Georgia
Just saw this at Sleepers: CopierciN - This is a cool app that implements some copy / paste functionality. It’s in the beta stages but has potential. It lets you import and export between apps like notes, sms, email.

Available via Cydia. :) Playing with it now....impressions l8r.
OK - I keep seeing CYDIA and I haven't the foggiest idea of what that is... can someone explain this to a newbie? Thanks!

-TP

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
OK - I keep seeing CYDIA and I haven't the foggiest idea of what that is... can someone explain this to a newbie? Thanks!

-TP
When you jailbreak your phone Cydia is sort of an App store for the jailbroken community. It doesn't carry as many apps as the App store, but it has a lot of good stuff.

TeamPEZ

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
Marietta, Georgia
When you jailbreak your phone Cydia is sort of an App store for the jailbroken community. It doesn't carry as many apps as the App store, but it has a lot of good stuff.
ahh .. that makes a lot of sense ... thanks for the explanation!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Back before Cydia and the AppStore launched, Installer was the only means of distributing 3rd Party apps. It used to be nice - organized, some useful features, and semi-well supported - but now it's in the hands of RipDev, who are, in my opinion, a very unreliable group of people. It crashes frequently, has a horrible architecture, and doesn't offer nearly as much as Cydia.

As for the original topic here, I like it! While SMS, Mail, and Notes is a small list (and smaller for me, as Evernote has replaced my Notes.app) I'm sure it will grow in the coming weeks. I can't seem to install it now.. getting POSIX errors.

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
A few comments after playing with CopierciN on and off today.

First and foremost, IMHO this app has legs. Like Lincoln said, while the 'usable' apps is small, I, too, think it will grow. The cutting and pasting works....well, sort of.....

Pasting and Copying worked flawlessly. However, I've noticed that I am able to cut only once and then must respring to reset (something) in order to cut again. I can still paste the remaining text, but I was not able to cut it further. Has anyone else experienced this? Also noticed that when I tried to cut again, spaces between words were lost.

It took me a little while to get use to selecting text, YMMV.

I thought the interface was reasonably intuitive.