A new exploit might help in cracking 1.1.1 soon

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
A new exploit discovered, might help in cracking 1.1.1 soon by the Dev Team at Hackintosh, claiming to have succeeded in code execution. What will inevitably follow is a code and a guide. This is Big! This seems to be reminiscent of the PSP/Sony showdown that the hackers cracked a year an a half ago involving a TIFF exploit. They are definitely up to something for both the Touch and the iPhone. Good luck Dev Team.

More info here.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
A new exploit discovered, might help in cracking 1.1.1 soon by the Dev Team at Hackintosh, claiming to have succeeded in code execution. What will inevitably follow is a code and a guide. This is Big! This seems to be reminiscent of the PSP/Sony showdown that the hackers cracked a year an a half ago involving a TIFF exploit. They are definitely up to something for both the Touch and the iPhone. Good luck Dev Team.

More info here.
yeah that a good news i think just like the old times for psp things :) i hope that dev team will cracked the 1.1.1 firmware quite soon.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
This means that hopefully soon, one can write 3rd party apps onto his or her updated firmware of 1.1.1, once it's jailbroken.
Also, they'll produce a hack for the file lockdownd and will allow your bricked phone to work normally!
And inevitably, they'll have an unlock method; thus, your bricked phone will be a fully functioning phone once again, locked or unlocked.
As for me, I'm still basking under the 1.0.2 3rd party apps!

Here's the latest.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
This could be incredible. I've got my fingers crossed! :laugh2:

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
This could be incredible. I've got my fingers crossed! :laugh2:
lets pray and hope it release very soon :laugh2: i couldn't wait much longer ... please please dev team u can do it.. cracked it up :p;)