A New iPhone Is In The Works!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pyrowizz

Jun 26, 2007
I was about to look for cases for the iPhone when i ran across this page:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=71437234&node=home/iPhone_accessories/shop_by_type
notice the "shop_by_type" go to the page using Safri or Fire fox and look at the top is says "The Apple Store (U.S.) - Shop by iPhone type" This is New it was not like this yesterday. (today is Thursday, August 2, 2007) This means Apple is getting the site ready for more iPhone models. You can currently get to this page by following the link above or by going to the Apple store and clicking on "Accessorize your iPhone."

Aug 2, 2007
A businesss model.

I went by one of the stores yesterday and inquired about using my corporate discount on the phone and the service and was told it did not apply to the current model.

I asked the salesman what model it did apply to and he informed me that Apple is planning to offer a businesss model out very soon.

He did not have any other details other than the new model would be made with businesss person in mind.

This is nice to know but I believe Apple killed their own sales projection and the stock by not allowing corporate discounts on the service at the very least.

Most consumers see new models such as this after companies buy there employees new phones as a moral booster. The employee then takes it home show the wife and kids who want it and so on and so on.

By not allowing corporate users a discount on the service many companies are refusing to buy the phones including me.

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
oh, ok i agree.

but... i ABSOLUTELY think that there will NOT be a new iPhone model within the next 2 years.

This iPhone is something that will NOT be outdated within the next 6 months, Updates will eventually give it everything except 3G, but they'll find a way without making a new model, i guarantee it.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
and of course they're gonna be working on a new iPhone...duh
Uhhh....

There are already 2 types of iPhones. Find a hobby.
pyrowizz:

in my time at everythingiPhone, I have found that posting anything will elicit responses like this. I don't know what it is about this topic that attracts such nasty personalities.

I see what you mean about the "shop by iPhone type" in the title, but I think that is a product of the online store script.

pyrowizz

Jun 26, 2007
The 4-gig and the 8-gig are two separate models with 2 separate price points was the previous poster's point I believe.
Both are the same size (dimension's, not memory) so there is no need for clarification's. When you are shopping by iPod type you select the generation of the iPod if it is a nano or shuffle. All of those are different models. Apple would only change something like this if a new "type" or "model" is right around the corner. Look how fast there iPod models came out i believe Apple came out with 10 different models in about 6 years. (correct me if i am wrong) They are updating the hard ware in the computers and other products just as quick. Apple is about choice. I would not be surprised if the released a new model sometime before the end of December.

I went by one of the stores yesterday and inquired about using my corporate discount on the phone and the service and was told it did not apply to the current model.

I asked the salesman what model it did apply to and he informed me that Apple is planning to offer a businesss model out very soon.

He did not have any other details other than the new model would be made with businesss person in mind.

This is nice to know but I believe Apple killed their own sales projection and the stock by not allowing corporate discounts on the service at the very least.

Most consumers see new models such as this after companies buy there employees new phones as a moral booster. The employee then takes it home show the wife and kids who want it and so on and so on.

By not allowing corporate users a discount on the service many companies are refusing to buy the phones including me.
@DONAVONKNIGHT

I TOLD YOU SO!

Last edited by a moderator:

pyrowizz

Jun 26, 2007
It's all speculation. It could also just mean the 4GB or 8GB models.
Both are the same size (dimension's, not memory) so there is no need for clarification's. When you are shopping by iPod type you select the generation of the iPod if it is a nano or shuffle. All of those are different models. Apple would only change something like this if a new "type" or "model" is right around the corner. Look how fast there iPod models came out i believe Apple came out with 10 different models in about 6 years. (correct me if i am wrong) They are updating the hard ware in the computers and other products just as quick. Apple is about choice. I would not be surprised if the released a new model sometime before the end of December.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
No one at an Apple store or an AT&T store would know about a new iPhone coming out this early. The only way they would know is through a leak.

eh270

Aug 3, 2007
I agree with impaler; I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill... but as a shareholder, I would be happy if I was proved wrong :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
and of course they're gonna be working on a new iPhone...duh
Uhhh....

There are already 2 types of iPhones. Find a hobby.

Let's make a point of either contributing to a post or not posting. These types of posts give members and prospective members that EIP is not a friendly,welcoming forum..

Thanks... back to the topic.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Let's make a point of either contributing to a post or not posting. These types of posts give members and prospective members that EIP is not a friendly,welcoming forum..

Thanks... back to the topic.
Neither does false information or using a drop down menu to prove that Apple has a new iPhone in the works. A company which has been so secretive about it's own products most of it's employees don't know of them.

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
oh, ok i agree.

but... i ABSOLUTELY think that there will NOT be a new iPhone model within the next 2 years.

This iPhone is something that will NOT be outdated within the next 6 months, Updates will eventually give it everything except 3G, but they'll find a way without making a new model, i guarantee it.
I disagree, maybe you won't see a flasher phone or a nicer interface, but Asia already has phones that are more technologically advanced, so do many parts of the world. Personally I think Jobs jumped the gun with the iPhone. He released a phone that shows what a good touch screen interface can do and left the technology lacking in so many areas that it really isn't going to leave any of the big boys (Nokia, etc) worrying, maybe just get them interested in making a competing product with a proper internet connection and better battery and such.

Aug 4, 2007
I think Apple will give the iPhone a minimum of 6-8 months before the next version comes out (which may include hdd upgrade, etc.), not including any new/different models (mini).