A new theory

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I personally think the iPhone 5 will have a camera flash on the front and it will double up as a notification light.

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I don't think there will be a front flash. There may be, however, an additional LED built in to the front face to function as a notification light.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I don't think there will be a front flash. There may be, however, an additional LED built in to the front face to function as a notification light.
Well why wouldn't the kill two birds with one stone. I personally think the front facing camera needs a flash. And a major upgrade to the quality.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Well why wouldn't the kill two birds with one stone. I personally think the front facing camera needs a flash. And a major upgrade to the quality.

You really think the front camera needs a flash?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I can't see Apple incorporating a forwards facing flash. It doesn't make any sense, I don't even think they'll add a notification LED either.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It does, like when it's dark and you want to take a picture with the font facing camera?
Why take a picture with the front facing camera when there is a perfectly working 720p HD camera with flash readily available?

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Why take a picture with the front facing camera when there is a perfectly working 720p HD camera with flash readily available?
Duh, because when you're taking photos of yourself to upload to facebook, you won't be off centered :LOL:

Robbinhoodz25

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Plus with the new volume shutter button I see no point of front flash. Just take multiple pics with rear n pic the best. OH WAIT. I forgot that's too much work to do :|

And do I like what I do...? hahaha...HELL YA!

casssax

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
I hope there is no flash on the front of the phone. The flash on the back is blindingly bright. I would not want to be staring at it when it comes on.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011

the kill 2 birds with 1 stone dosen't seem wise. due to the fact that the type of led used for flash. is a different type used than the one used for a notifier. the flash led consumes much more power. were as the notifier type uses almost zero. a notifier led could for weeks or even months before it will even drain the batt. as far as putting a notifier on the phone. i say hell yes it's about time. i mean how the hell do you not put one on a phone is beyond me.