a portable keyboard would be nice...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
A portable keyboard that worked with the iPhone would make for a nice accessory, wouldn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I used to think so when I had my Nokia, since text input was a pain, even with T9 active, but with the iPhone, I get along fine without it. As it is, I already carry around my headphones, and my BT headset, and a charging cable (need another AC adapter for it).

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Considering I've used a BT keyboard on other devices, I thought I would need to have one for the iPhone. Fact is, it doesn't bother me not to have one. I find that I like the convience of being able to type out something quick without the need to carry one more item with me.

I have enough junk in my bag as it is.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Hmm I don't know if its necessary but it would be nice to have the option.

Say you are somewhere you want to sit and relax and type a bunch of longer emails out it would make things easier. I wouldn't carry it with me all the time but it would be nice for when I traveled.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, i'm not a huge email person, so i don't think i would invest in one, but i know there are people out there that have to write emails on-th-go.

Not to mention, it might open the door for a cut-and-paste utility... with the shift, arrow, and control keys...

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
It's not something I'm really interested in. One of my main motivations for buying the iPhone was to DECREASE the amount of crap I carried around in a day (missioned accomplished, btw, and not in the GWB sense). A BT keyboard would just be something else to manage. YMMV.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Hmm I don't know if its necessary but it would be nice to have the option.

Say you are somewhere you want to sit and relax and type a bunch of longer emails out it would make things easier. I wouldn't carry it with me all the time but it would be nice for when I traveled.
yes, I would like one for these occasions also...