A question that I have always wondered

Sep 29, 2007
Okay well I am pretty sure you cant do this because I know there are people much smarter than me at this and probably can tell me why in an instant and will laugh at me but here it is.

Okay so why do people want to upgrade firmwares? To get the new updates such as Locate Me in Google Maps, and the ability to re-arrange Icons and etc. but there are people like me who don't want 1.1.3 because we want our 3rd party apps but having the new upgrade would be nice so..

Is it possible to copy the contents of lets say 1.1.3 Google Maps and place it in place of 1.1.2 Google Maps and it will form the functions of 1.1.3 but on firmware 1.1.2?

Then this was my answer why we cannot due this: I am guessing maybe it doesn't work on any other firmware than 1.1.3 because of some reason I do not know and then my 2nd biggest answer/question.

Are you able to browse a phones contents without having to jailbreak it and use SSH and etc?

Sorry I've always just wanted to know.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
It might be possible, and indeed I would bet it's being tried right now. This didn't work with 1.1.1 apps working on 1.02, but there was a far greater difference--under the hood--between 1.1.1/1.0.2 than 1.1.2/1.1.3.

--
Mike