A REAL iPhone Review: Tech Chief Reviews the Apple iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DocHolliday

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
You've probably read a ton of iPhone reviews by now, but this one is performed by the tech chief at Direct Energy, a multi-billion dollar retail energy provider. This guy knows his mobile devices; he's in charge of managing some 500 smartphones. Here's what he has to say about how the iPhone fits into the enterprise--or how it doesn't. Check it out

AZA :cool:
Nice to see a slightly less biased review. He admits he is a big Apple fan already, that skews his take, but he does a good job of pointing out the strengths and weaknesses.

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
Good review. He seems to give a good honest assessment of the phone's weaknesses and strengths. Although I'd love my phone to have picture messages, flash capability and some other basic phone features, for me, there's enough good to outweigh the bad. That doesn't mean that I'm not still very, very hopeful that Apple will address at least the picture messaging and flash issue with software updates. If they don't, I will be disappointed and less likely to purchase a 1st gen Apple device in the future.

-Winterymix

Waveguy

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
You've probably read a ton of iPhone reviews by now, but this one is performed by the tech chief at Direct Energy, a multi-billion dollar retail energy provider. This guy knows his mobile devices; he's in charge of managing some 500 smartphones. Here's what he has to say about how the iPhone fits into the enterprise--or how it doesn't. Check it out

It's a well-written review, and the author certainly has credibility (though I wonder how many different models comprise the 500-unit collection of smartphones that his group manages).

But there's nothing new in terms of his observations about the iPhone's pros and cons. Also, I was a bit surprised at his choices for things that he'd change. I agree that cut-and-paste is on many people's wish lists, and 3G support and video recording would be welcome. But of all the things that annoy me about my iPhone, the worst these days is the inability to delete emails en masse. I waste far too much time deleting emails that I don't want to keep or didn't want to see in the first place.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007

By the title of your thread "A REAL review", I guess I can assume all other reviews I have read thus far are not real? :p