A response to the locked post

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
First of all, I DID not request ANY post be locked EXCEPT my explanation for taking a posting vacation.
I specifically requested that NO ONE respond, but people did and it was appreciated.

My last post was an observation that was part of my leaving here.

I was WARNED by a certain member in NO uncertain terms not to "take on" OJ, because "he is a powerful man with a lot of friends here" and that I would in no uncertain terms lose the battle and a lot of friends in the process.
That person was right. I dared stand up to the mighty OJ and most certainly lost.

You know what's getting out of hand?
The use of the "Thanks" button.

How many posts has OJ thanked pertaining to mine and iCafe's departure?
How many thanks for subtle digs and unspoken insults against Sam and iCafe?

It is just a contrived way (since he is the "new and improved" OJ) of making his opinion known without actually "saying" inflammatory things but still getting his almighty opinion across.

Yes Buffy, I started my own thread as a REVEAL. I posted my own personal thread because I was upset and thought that I should be honest with people whom I thought cared SOMETHING about my presense.

This website was fun to me once.

It has now turned into us and against them.
Meaning the (four or five of us) who find OJ rude pejorative arrogant and insulting and everyone else.

When the N_s came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

I simply had to speak out.
I was warned not to "take on" OJ because I would lose.
I did. Fine

Later
Dana

P.S. I did NOT request this post be locked.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Dana.

I await your post.

Good Day Sir

- Long Haired Girly Boy

PS: you have a friend here always.

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Sam

Thank you

I don't even think I am going to bother.

It is so "us against them" it wouldn't even serve a purpose.

That certain member was right.

"Take on OJ and you will lose"

Sam, don't lose.
You are too valuable a man to leave here.
YOU serve a purpose.

Your friend
Dana

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
my only comments to this is that OJ has and always be an ass, i never got along with those kinds of people, there where many in high school, an people would say, " oh that is just they way he/she is" and they overlooked their rudeness... i had a bad day and was rude once or twice and was called on it but the people that where rude all the time, well that is "just the way they are"

but as for buffy, can't be mad at a HOT woman.. that is just me... :)

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Dana

Please do, it will shed light on some things.

Good Day Sir

- Long Haired Girly Boy

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Sam,

I don't think there is any way on earth they would allow that post.
After all there are some criticisms of a certain member who shall remain nameless.

And it is obviously you and a couple of other people against the combined army of EverythingOJ.com.

Starry, Sam,
KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT and be the honorable caring people you are.

Do not defend me any longer, I appreciate but certainly do not need it.

Time for something happy: Florida Marlins at 7pm

Dana

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
oh my god, who cares.

it's a freakin internet forum.

grow up people.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Nothing personal Dana, much respect for you but...if you took anything Buffy said as an insult I am most certain it was taken out of context.

To me this is all a bunch of high school bullshit. Who cares who takes on who? We are on the damn internet. It's not like its face to face. And again, and I've stressed this many, many times. If we don't like what someone has to say, farkin ignore them. I like each and every member on here that I've come in contact with, but if it ever got to the point someone or something was getting to me I would eliminate the problem by using the ignore button. I have no qualms with anyone and no enemies. And an enemy over the internet is just, well, I don't know, childish. I deal with things face to face and don't let written word bother me.

I ask all of yall to let the crap go and not make the moderators babysit or even close the off topic section off. This is beyond ridiculous. Ignore button. Damn fine feature. Use it.

Dana, my entire rant is not necessarily directed at you either. The first paragraph about Buffy was. But if you or anyone else feel anything applies, feel free to take the .02 and deposit it in your piggy bank :p

Much respect to all,

Jay

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Nothing personal Dana, much respect for you but...if you took anything Buffy said as an insult I am most certain it was taken out of context.

To me this is all a bunch of high school bullshit. Who cares who takes on who? We are on the damn internet. It's not like its face to face. And again, and I've stressed this many, many times. If we don't like what someone has to say, farkin ignore them. I like each and every member on here that I've come in contact with, but if it ever got to the point someone or something was getting to me I would eliminate the problem by using the ignore button. I have no qualms with anyone and no enemies. And an enemy over the internet is just, well, I don't know, childish. I deal with things face to face and don't let written word bother me.

I ask all of yall to let the crap go and not make the moderators babysit or even close the off topic section off. This is beyond ridiculous. Ignore button. Damn fine feature. Use it.

Dana, my entire rant is not necessarily directed at you either. The first paragraph about Buffy was. But if you or anyone else feel anything applies, feel free to take the .02 and deposit it in your piggy bank :p

Much respect to all,

Jay
:: puts OJ on my ignore list::

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
i have no problem with dana oj or buffy it is the internet forum and they all contribute in some way..but i definitely enjoy dana around so please do stay

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Jay

I'll take it to the Marlins game.

And I edited my post because I was wrong.
I apologize.
And I MEAN it when I apologize.

Listen at 7.10.
Ill be there.

Dana

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Jay

I'll take it to the Marlins game.

And I edited my post because I was wrong.
I apologize.
And I MEAN it when I apologize.

Listen at 7.10.
Ill be there.

Dana
Marlins. What a great organization. I don't know how they continue to win and have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. I wish the Rangers would pay more attention to them!

Have a great time Dana. I don't require an apology, you have never offended me, but I appreciate it and respect you for making a public apology. I hope you stay around, you do contribute a lot here and I think most all, if not all of us would all feel a bit of a loss if you were not to return.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Dana,

I don't even know where to begin. I don't even really want to begin. It's all just way over my comfort level with regards to absurdity. When you want to talk again, PM me. I'll be waiting...