a review before i decide to spend 600 dollars

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rating 1 being lowest 10 highest

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 8.2%

Votes: 8 16.3%

Votes: 36 73.5%

• Total voters
Jul 8, 2007
I have not gotten the iPhone yet and i want one i think im 75% on getting it but id like to be 100 so ive read all the reviews of the activation problem and the extra battery cost but i want to hear from the owners. How is it? performance wise, is it worth the possible cost of battery replacement

eric1952

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
get the iPhone!

I have not gotten the iPhone yet and i want one i think im 75% on getting it but id like to be 100 so ive read all the reviews of the activation problem and the extra battery cost but i want to hear from the owners. How is it? performance wise, is it worth the possible cost of battery replacement
it all depends what your are looking for in the phone, and what features are important to you.I was interested in a big screen ipod and a decent phone and i was not disappointed in the least.there are some drawbacks like the lack of storage,which i learned to work around,and it would be nice to have a removeable battery.the wi -fi works great if you have a wireless network in your home.I had no problem syncing the phone to my mac,as to activating the phone it only took 2 hours,because i requested a new number. i did hear there was a problem with activating the phone if you wanted to carry over your old number from another service.all in all i feel the ipod is worth the $600.00 by it self.and everything else is gravey.

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Yes! It is the best convergence of technolgy I have ever seen. I love mine too! I would have spent more than $600 now that I know what it does, and how well it does them.

ccr78

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I was in and out of the Apple store in under 5 minutes. I was home and activated in under 15. The activation problems are completely gone now.

Think about the battery... When was the last time you ever had to replace a battery in a phone? Laptop? I never have. I used my blackberry and laptop heavily on a daily basis and I never ran into battery issues. You will most likely have replaced your phone before you run into battery issues.

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
How is 10 the highest when the poll goes up to 5? Does that mean the most we can vote for is mediocre satisfaction?

May 29, 2007
Depends

It depends on who you are and what yo're looking for but if fits most people's needs. I am a serious tech freak and I LOVE new technology that just WORKS. iPhone is one of them. The only drawbacks I can think of are no Copy+Paste (it can get annoying), no Multimedia messaging (MMS), no Bluetooth file sharing, and no hard-disk use. But I have a Gigabank so the harddisk thing is okay. I guess I am lucky (I got mine on 7/7/07) and I activated in LITERALLY 2 minutes or less. I just filled out the (very simple) form and it said "wait" for less than two minutes! NO PROBLEMS! The battery life is simply AMAZING! I dock mine every night before I go to bed and I use it as my alarm in the morning. (My iHome is now sitting collecting dust!). I have no memory issues and I just recently spent 8 and a half hours modding it and it looks even better. Safari just KILLS everybody else. It is almost perfect! It can easily subsitute a laptop (if you use it for internet). The EDGE network has been specially optimized for the iPhone, and it works better than 3G! It is almost as fast as 3.5G HSDPA and more widespread than GSM! I am moving (and currently living) in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE surrounded by mountains and even in the deepest corner of the bathroom (surrounded by thick walls) I get no lower than 4 bars! I don't know if it's At&t or if im just lucky but it is INCREDIBLE service! I don't know too many ways you can go wrong here! It even comes with a slick new (VERY small) power brick USB adapter! I say 10 out of 10.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
This is by far the most amazing phone I've ever used, to call it a phone almost seems like diminishing it. It makes phone calls as well! I'm new to the iPhone and it is beyond amazing to me. I would get it ASAP!

Aug 28, 2007
just so you know, the Apple care plan is 70 dollars, that covers 2 years of usage, i think its extremely worth it since it covers just about anything and one battery replacement is 75+ dollars.... i say go for it!

Jul 14, 2008
I see you're hesitating to buy a new iPhone for $600, I am definitely not. But the only problem is that I don't know where to get it for 600. I don't have a lot of time left in the states so if you could tell me where I can buy it for that price I would really appreciate.

Here's my email: jbfifteenscorp@hotmail.fr

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I see you're hesitating to buy a new iPhone for $600, I am definitely not. But the only problem is that I don't know where to get it for 600. I don't have a lot of time left in the states so if you could tell me where I can buy it for that price I would really appreciate.

Here's my email: jbfifteenscorp@hotmail.fr
iPhones don't sell for $600 anymore. The 8GB is $199 and the 16GB is $299.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
iPhones don't sell for $600 anymore. The 8GB is $199 and the 16GB is $299.
He might not be eligible?
Are you:
-new ATT customer
-opening a new phone line on your plan?
I'm assuming you're not a previous iPhone owner because you are asking this question.

Best of luck to you buddy!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
He might not be eligible?
Are you:
-new ATT customer
-opening a new phone line on your plan?
I'm assuming you're not a previous iPhone owner because you are asking this question.

Best of luck to you buddy!
Even if he wasn't, he would pay $399 or $499.