A Ringtone attached to a Phone No.

Judex

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
Mauritius
After jailbreaking the iPhone 3G, it appears that a particular music cannot be attached to a particular Phone No.

Is there a way to do the customization of musics and phone Nos. ?

Thanks to help.

Cheers,
Judex.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Just edit a contact. In there will be a "Ringtone" option where you can select the individual ringtone for that contact/number.

Judex

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
Mauritius
Hi Psylichon,

Thank you for your post.

You are very helpful. Thanks again.

Cheers !

Kind regards,
Judex.

Judex

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
Mauritius
Hi psylichon,

I noticed the following just now :

1. I do not know if the iPhone behaves same before jailbreaking.

2. After jailbreaking, I edited 3 friends with mobiles as well as land line phones. Each friend with a particular ringtone for his mobile and same ringtone for his land line phone number.

3. When each friend called me from his mobile, the respective ringtones were ok.

4. When each friend called me from his landline phone, the ringtone was the default one, though I edited a different ringtone for each friend, NOT same as the default one.

Please check it. Why the land line phone rang the default ringtone though a different ringtone was edited for each friend ?

Hope I explained clearly.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Judex.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Are you sure the way their landline number shows up when they call you is exactly they same as how you have it in the contacts? You must include any "+1" or "()" around the area code in the contact... basically just as it shows up when they call.

Could that be it?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Are you sure the way their landline number shows up when they call you is exactly they same as how you have it in the contacts? You must include any "+1" or "()" around the area code in the contact... basically just as it shows up when they call.

Could that be it?
That reminds me of a very minor niggle I have on my iPhone.

Sometimes, when my brother calls me from his iPhone, his number shows up in the format 123-456-7890. At other times it shows as 1-123-456-7890.

Weird...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think we can blame the way the number shows up on AT&T. However, considering how damned brilliant the iPhone is in other regards, you'd think it would be clever enough to figure this out regardless of formatting.

Judex

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
Mauritius
Hi psylichon,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, I tried many times ! The landline phones took the default ringtone, but the mobiles phone took the respective ringtones of each friend !

For example, in Mauritius we dial 454 1924 within the country. When somebody calls from another country, he dials (230) 454 1924 or 230 + 454 1924. Same way with the mobile phones.

I do not know if this problem happened after jailbreaking the iPhone or if it is an inherent problem in the iPhone.

Good day to you.

Cheers,
Judex