A small victory for me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bennyboy, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Ok so here we go.

Chris Martins from AT&T called, he's the famous manager that was supposed to call me today. So he confirmed that my wish was that i wanted to upgrade earlier instead of waiting until December 29th, ofcourse I said yes. whatever you can do it would be helpful, even couple weeks earlier would be awesome so I can have it by xmas, but whatever, if you can you can if not, oh well, i appreciate the call regardless.

C: Ok, would you mind holding just a minute while I check, "sure, go ahead bro" :D

3 minutes later.

C: ok mister "Awesome" we are going to do what we haven't done for many people, only because you have been a valued customer for so long (6 years?) and never once been late to pay your AT&T bill, and also because I understand where you coming from (whatever that meant)
    as of today you are eligible for a full subsidized phone, would you like to order now?

Me: (HELL YEAH) Sure chris, I would love to.

C: So blah blah blah it would be $559 dollars.

Me:What? I'm sorry, but that wasn't too much of a help

(So he starts laughing)

C: I'm sorry I made a mistake, would you mind holding just one minute?

Me: no go ahead, it's not like I work for living lol

4 minutes later

C: yes, it would be $299 for a 32GIG iPhone4S in black

Me: thank you so much man, you really made my day, can't wait to brag about it to everyone I know, especially my girlfriend

M: hahaha I'm glad I made your day

So anyway he keeps doing his thing and we found out if I order the phone today I would have had to give up my unlimited plan for couple days, then call them again to reinstall it, so I said I would do the order my self online and wait till the system updates.
    I asked to talk to his supervisor, and I did thanked them again.
    I told the lady that it was the first time I wanted to talk to a supervisor so on and so forth blah blah blah
    We laughed and she reassured me that even if by tomorrow I won't be able to keep my unlimited plan after I order I'll get the money refunded but I should go ahead and place the order.

anyway, I could've gotten the phone in couple days, but I didn't want to give up the unlimited plan, after I talked to her I could've done it right there and then again, but by now they probably thought I was drunk since I couldn't stop giggling.

A small victory on a very miserable week.

Sent from my iPhone 11

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

wow fantastic !

3. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

That's not small......THAT IS HUGE!

Congrats! WOW!

RIP Steven P. Jobs; We will miss you with our hearts; 1955-2011

4. SunnySweet

SunnySweet Contributor
    Bronze

YAY Benny! That soooo rocks!

5. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

What was crazy was that chris said I could have the iPhone in 2 days, I told him that I thought I couldn't get it util the 14th, he told me no, we have it in stock, you can choose express shipping and have it in 2 days or standard and that would be 7-10 businesss days.
    if by tomorrow morning the system doesn't updates I'll call and order it, the supervisor told me that I wouldn't lose any unlimited plan and every single Pennie I would get charged For pay per usage i would get refunded. now they are starting to be to nice to me, and I don't understand why lol

Sent from my iPhone 11

6. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Nice going Benny. I'm happy for you and envious that you will have your new iPhone 4S on launch day.

7. Redneck1996

Redneck1996 Zealot

Wow. You'll be one of the first people to have the new iPhone. They aren't supposed to do that at all. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone 4

8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

You may have won the battle, but the war is far from over.

9. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Please, i own AT&T :D

Sent from my iPhone 11

10. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Benny, how much is your bill and how many folks are on your account?

11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

$86 a month, just me.

12. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Ok. Thanks. I hope we can bump up my date! I'm going to have too plan and persuade my mom to go into an ATT store or call. We have been members of ATT for 7 years, and our bill is $160. You'd think they'd change it? Especially if we threaten we will jump ship.

13. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

The moment you threat anybody that's when they gonna hang up on you. I played nice, I wasn't overbearing, and at the end I asked for only couple weeks, so I could have it at least by Xmas.

14. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Well the threatening part wouldn't happen. My mom has never gotten excited over anything electronically that threatening would be getting exciting. We would only ask for a few weeks too. But hey, if they are moving it up why not move it up completely. :)

15. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Did you order it, Benny? AT&T is now showing sold out of initial iPhone 4Ss with shipping time for new orders of 14-21 days. Hope you didn't wait and have yours ordered already.

Michael

16. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I think I might have stepped on my own foot on this one.
    The upgrade still shows December 29th, but that's not a problem since I called this morning and another manager reassured me that I'm eligible now, but they go on ranking, so he couldn't do anything about it.
    Chris martins is supposed to call me at 4 tonight and I'll do it right there with him, he's ranked higher than the guy I talked to this morning.

Only concerned, I asked the guy this morning if we are still good with the 2 businesss days with express shipping, and he told me that now they are in backorder, But, he also said chris can do something about that.
    so we'll see, he's supposed to call me around 4.

17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Btw the system still shows dec. 29 because if the eligibility is pushed back by someone from AT&T and it's more than a month, the system won't show that update till at least after a month.
    So it will be dec. 29 till November the 7th.
    The only way I can do this is on the phone with a manager.

18. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

WOW Benny CONGRATS!

This is GR8 news! No waiting. They did more for you than you thought they could or that you even asked for. AT&T is trying to keep customers happy and not defecting to another Carrier. U had the upper hand.

I have a co-worker who called them for a move up from a December date and they wouldn't budge. I wonder what he did wrong or why they wouldn't budge. I told him he should call back and speak to a manager he said he's just going to get the iPhone 4S on his Verizon line. He has both AT&T and Verizon.

Oh yeah, I think he threatened to leave AT&T for Verizon and they didn't care. Yup, that's what he did. I remember now. I guess if you're nice you can get more accomplished.

19. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Hope it goes through today!

Michael

20. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Thanks guys.
    The guy that bought my iPhone backed out, family reasons, so I asked this guy that came in the shop 5 minutes later if he knew anybody that wants to buy a black iPhone4 32gigs, he said "yes, me"

I asked $275 for it but I needed half upfront, he gave me $175 instead.
    I was gonna keep me, but After doing the math, I couldn't afford to.