A SUDDEN MESSAGE : SIM NOT Inserted PROBLEM

Nadeen

Apr 26, 2009
DEAR PLESE FIND ME A SOLUTION :
My 3G iPhone was working normaly but the other day it was connected to the internet and i think something was updated i don't know what exactly then it stop working its giving me this message that : no sim inserted
and no service is available . and only one page shows is the I TUNE CD LOGO and The USB Cable ( see the photo sample ) , and I cant use it it gives me only emergency call only PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM
Thank U in Advance
Best REGARDS
NADEEN

Attachments

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Try re-inserting the SIM card. Your iPhone came with a little paper clip you can use to eject the SIM card tray. If you don't have that, any paper clip will do as long as its small enough to fit in the hole. If that doesn't work, try a friend's SIM card and see if that changes anything. If none of that works, sounds like the device might need repair.

Joe

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Which carrier are you on? Try taking the sim out and blowing on it and then reinsert if that doesn't work go to an Apple store not AT&T.

Nadeen

Apr 26, 2009
Dear thank u both , i tried that before and nothing Change , and the message only appears after the download or the update .... and i didn't even touch the sim at ALLLL
Do u have any idea how can i repair it by myself ?
Again thank u for replying
and thanks in advance if u have other ideas
nADeeN

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I had the same problem with the first iPhone I bought, took it back to Apple and they replaced it immediately no questions asked

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sounds like your SIM card failed. Are you unlocked? If not, I would contact support from your cellular service provider for a new one.