A thread for us sad little kiddies who won't be getting a phone on time. D=

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can you get it on time?

• Yup! =]

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Not sure. =\

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Nope! D=

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
Well, I realize that there are very few little kiddies here, haha, but still. The point is, some of us just can't get the phone on time! I'm hoping I will be able to get it within a month after. I am a 16-year-old kid who works part-time at Staples as a Sales Associate/ Front End Assistant. *cough*casheir*cough* I don't really have the money right now, and my parents already don't like the idea of me buying a $600 phone. I will have made a little over $600 by that time, but the direct deposit to my Checking Account is toooo slow, so I won't have it. And there is NO WAY I am getting the 4 gig, don't even joke! Also, if this data plan thing is true, my Dad said I had to pay him a month in advance, so I need $40 on top of the phone, accessories, and tax. So, we will see. Is there any other people in here who will be missing the launch?

jphawkins

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
Cartersville, GA
It sucks.....

For you! :p

Oh..those are the growing pains. Don't worry...life will only get better. Once you get a nice job and can afford something like an iPhone, then rolls around a wife, and kids, and car payments, and house payments, and loan payments from school, etc. ;)

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
It sucks.....

For you! :p

Oh..those are the growing pains. Don't worry...life will only get better. Once you get a nice job and can afford something like an iPhone, then rolls around a wife, and kids, and car payments, and house payments, and loan payments from school, etc. ;)
Where's the "gets better" part? When does that start? ahahah

DMonnin

Jun 19, 2007
Haha, I LOVE my job, it is definitely a decent job. And I will have money for an iPhone, just not on the launch date.
Hey it sucks not being able to get it on launch. But lucky for me I am. I'm 17 and i have been doing a lot of stuff to be able to get it on launch trust me it will pay off.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
my heart goes out to you. ill only be missing if in fact my father and or mother choose not to pay for it. i surely don't want to. lol

:laugh2:
so im kind of the same predicament. im hoping to work them well.​
Haha, good luck! I didn't even ask, I knew that this would be all me. =]

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I'm not going to be getting one on launch day, but only because I am waiting until my Verizon contract is up in September. I can afford the iPhone, not sure about the [mandatory?] data plan, but cannot afford the ETF.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
hmm, you should probably start selling drugs.. you would have your iPhone in nooooo time.
The iPhone would be the perfect mobile office, think of it as a businesss investment then... I would think you would need to be on the run a lot if that is your line of work.

shift_2kmaxima

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
lol i had 500 even....enough for 4gb...but my dumbasss got a freakin 150 dollar ticket :(...like 2 wks ago, so I had to pay for that, and my paps cant find about it...Its "no headlights" ticket, i was trying to be cool, by turning my headlights off, leaving my fog lights on, and angel eyes on my headlights (blue)...so some cop pulled me over and gave me a 150 dollar ticket...So that took me to 350 :(....but its so cool to have an extra set of rims in your garage ;)....sold those suckers, and of course my Awesome job (movie theater)...so yeah i'll have enough for my iPhoneEEEE....cant wait till i hold it omg...i hope everything goes well with that eligibility shittttt

later

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
Sears Ftw!

I don't have a job at sears yet (orientation @ july 2nd) but im having to pay for the iPhone myself -_- and im gonna HAVE to get a 4gig since im pretty sure i don't have enough money for an 8 gig =/

Jun 19, 2007
Im 20 working at Chick-fil-a, 40+ hours a week. I need money for school, my new apartment, and hopefully this new phone....my parents don't like the idea of a 600 dollar phone, but im working a lot, so they might let me.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
The iPhone would be the perfect mobile office, think of it as a businesss investment then... I would think you would need to be on the run a lot if that is your line of work.
Yeah man, the calculator function for prices, maps for findin where to hook up, camera for being able to prove your bigger quantities to potential big buyers, clock for timeliness. You can even pop the sim card out and use it as a razor along with the metal sheen on back so you can forget about mirrors and credit cards!

lol that's horrible. :sick:

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Yeah man, the calculator function for prices, maps for findin where to hook up, camera for being able to prove your bigger quantities to potential big buyers, clock for timeliness. You can even pop the sim card out and use it as a razor along with the metal sheen on back so you can forget about mirrors and credit cards!

lol that's horrible. :sick:
Ok, now that was just over the line. But, damn, that was efficient too.

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
man I feel your pain, i Don't have the complete money yet, And might not have it on launch day, Gonna have for sure 400 dollars(On Friday after Paycheck), and maybe I'll be able to come up with the 2 other hundred dollars in other ways ..... I might ask my mom to let me borrow 200 dollars and I'll pay her back in 2 weeks or a month. I want one so bad. I'm 19 btw.