A Way Out Of At&t!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rdmb57

Aug 4, 2007
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/speechless/att-lets-you-talk-but-limits-what-you-say-305583.php

Read the last paragraph... since this is a change of AT&T's TOS, you can opt out of your service with NO cancellation fee.

Does AT&T really think they can mess with the Constitution? lol :p
This change in their terms of service applies to their FastAccess DSL service line, not wireless. You may be able to get out of a term contract for your DSL service with this change but it has no impact at all on wireless service.

Rick

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
This change in their terms of service applies to their FastAccess DSL service line, not wireless. You may be able to get out of a term contract for your DSL service with this change but it has no impact at all on wireless service.

Rick
I am waiting for AT&T to try and implement this for wireless services.... So I can get out of my contract already...

rdmb57

Aug 4, 2007
I am waiting for AT&T to try and implement this for wireless services.... So I can get out of my contract already...
Not sure how you could use the wireless service to conflict with the "new" part of the TOS. Look at it in its totality:

--5.1 Suspension/Termination. Your Service may be suspended or terminated if your payment is past due and such condition continues un-remedied for thirty (30) days. In addition, AT&T may immediately terminate or suspend all or a portion of your Service, any Member ID, electronic mail address, IP address, Universal Resource Locator or domain name used by you, without notice, for conduct that AT&T believes (a) voilates the Acceptable Use Policy; (b) constitutes a voilation of any law, regulation or tariff (including, without limitation, copyright and intellectual property laws) or a voilation of these TOS, or any applicable policies or guidelines, or (c) tends to damage the name or reputation of AT&T, or its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries. Termination or suspension by AT&T of Service also constitutes termination or suspension (as applicable) of your license to use any Software. AT&T may also terminate or suspend your Service if you provide false or inaccurate information that is required for the provision of Service or is necessary to allow AT&T to bill you for Service.--

What this basically means is if you have a homepage hosted on AT&T consumer DSL service, if you make it an "AT&T Sucks" page, they will take it down. Note - you could still easily make an "AT&T Sucks" page on any number of alternative web providers.

I see no applicability at all to the wireless service in this change so I'd start looking for another angle to break your contract.

Rick

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Not sure how you could use the wireless service to conflict with the "new" part of the TOS. Look at it in its totality:

--5.1 Suspension/Termination. Your Service may be suspended or terminated if your payment is past due and such condition continues un-remedied for thirty (30) days. In addition, AT&T may immediately terminate or suspend all or a portion of your Service, any Member ID, electronic mail address, IP address, Universal Resource Locator or domain name used by you, without notice, for conduct that AT&T believes (a) voilates the Acceptable Use Policy; (b) constitutes a voilation of any law, regulation or tariff (including, without limitation, copyright and intellectual property laws) or a voilation of these TOS, or any applicable policies or guidelines, or (c) tends to damage the name or reputation of AT&T, or its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries. Termination or suspension by AT&T of Service also constitutes termination or suspension (as applicable) of your license to use any Software. AT&T may also terminate or suspend your Service if you provide false or inaccurate information that is required for the provision of Service or is necessary to allow AT&T to bill you for Service.--

What this basically means is if you have a homepage hosted on AT&T consumer DSL service, if you make it an "AT&T Sucks" page, they will take it down. Note - you could still easily make an "AT&T Sucks" page on any number of alternative web providers.

I see no applicability at all to the wireless service in this change so I'd start looking for another angle to break your contract.

Rick
What I meant was I'm waiting for them to implement something new into their Wireless TOS

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
It doesn't matter what you read online, read the contract that you signed. Me personally don't have any problems with AT&T.. they've been good to me for years now, the plans cost a little more, but over all im happy.