A Youtube alternative APP in installer?

mythrowbacknikes

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Is there an alternative APP in installer to use youtube? My youtube won't work even with the activator fix or anything, so i've just given up, but is there an app i can use similar to youtube on the iPhone?

if so, please state the repo/source as well, thanks.

btw i'm running 1.1.4 jailbroken

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
YouTube

You probably "Jailbroke & Activated". Re-Jailbreak with just the "Jailbreak" button using ZiPhone 3.0.

I initially used the "Jailbreak & Activate" and YouTube did not work. Re-Jailbreaking with just the "Jailbreak" button fixed all the problems.

mythrowbacknikes

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Yes that's correct, that's how I jailbroke it, But then what about the Activation part^... it would no longer be activated, correct? or is there a separate button/option for just activation?

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
YouTube Jailbreak

Yes that's correct, that's how I jailbroke it, But then what about the Activation part^... it would no longer be activated, correct? or is there a separate button/option for just activation?
It uses iTunes to activate it. You don't even notice it does it during jailbreaking.

1) Sync Calendar & Contacts to Outlook (PC) or Address Book & iCal (Mac).
2) Restore as a new iPhone. NOT from a backup.
3) Stop iTunes from syncing when done restore. Keep iTunes open.
4) Use ZiPhone 3.0 "Jailbreak" button NOT "Jailbreak & Activate". A dialog box in iTunes may pop up asking to verify firmware or something, don't touch anything and let ZiPhone do its thing. I usually hit "no" or "cancel" when it is done jailbreaking.
5) 60 Seconds later it should be done.
6) Sync back to iTunes.
7) Done

I have done this process many times on a lot of different iPhones/iPod Touchs and works every time.

mythrowbacknikes

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
i really don't want to lose all of my APPS and everything..