A zillion flickering horizontal lines

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
My iPhone 5 just started having a bunch of flickering lines from top to bottom on the screen. All the searches I've run on this start with "reset the phone". But I really don't want to lose my jailbreak so I don't want to. I put the phone into safe mode but the lines still show. Do I have any hope, or am I making a trip to the Genius Bar?

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
OK. I've uninstalled all my jailbreak stuff. This is all that's left:
  • AppList
  • BigBoss Icon Set
  • Cydia Installer
  • Cydia Translations
  • evasi0n
  • Mobile Substrate
  • Safe Mode Launcher
  • Substrate Safe Mode
I've tried hard resets. I've tried going into safe mode. Still a zillion flickering lines.

Is there anything else I can try before doing a hard reset?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, that's likely a hardware problem. Try resetting all settings. If that doesn't work, you'll need to restore as a final troubleshooting step. :(

You still have a chance of a replacement on 6.1.2 or lower, especially if it's a 64 GB. They are the least popular, so the stock is a little older.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Yeah, that's likely a hardware problem. Try resetting all settings. If that doesn't work, you'll need to restore as a final troubleshooting step. :(

You still have a chance of a replacement on 6.1.2 or lower, especially if it's a 64 GB. They are the least popular, so the stock is a little older.
Reset all didn't help. I guess I'll try a restore, but I'm guessing you're both right: hardware.

But I do have a 64 GB so maybe there's a tiny bit of hope.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I'll let you know what happens.

Boy, I'd forgotten how noisy a stock iPhone is. Beep... Beep... Ding... Ding...

Just have to live with it till 2