A2DP Headphone Suggestions?

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Can anyone offer any A2DP Bluetooth headset suggestions for my iPhone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 17, 2008
PA
Wish they had mentioned more about BT Stereo...hoping to see a new stereo headset appear in the Apple store. Until then....Keeping eyes peeled.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Wish they had mentioned more about BT Stereo...hoping to see a new stereo headset appear in the Apple store. Until then....Keeping eyes peeled.
yes me too.
I've been looking at the Motorola one (ROKR), but it's getting mixed reviews. I just want one that is workout worthy and not too bulky.

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
I have been using the Moto S9-HD Bluetooth headphones with the 3.0 Software since Monday and they work great. Look at Amazon as they have them for about $70.00

Dec 17, 2008
PA
The egg has the 855 stereo Plantronics, for 47.99 and free shipping.
I like how the second ear phone can be removed. I am guessing the Apple phones will be $100 or so.

I ordered them hope there good! There was another thread where someone had these with the iPhone. I'll report back on how they work.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875978056

iaian7

Jun 18, 2009
The egg has the 855 stereo Plantronics, for 47.99 and free shipping.
I like how the second ear phone can be removed. I am guessing the Apple phones will be $100 or so.

I ordered them hope there good! There was another thread where someone had these with the iPhone. I'll report back on how they work.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875978056
I just got the Plantronics 855 headset from Amazon for about $33 + free shipping. Initial testing has been much better than I expected - while the compression of A2DP streaming is clearly audible, it's higher quality than I expected. Compared to the iPhone wired headphones, I'd say it's higher pitched (in a voices-are-easier-to-hear sort of way) and noisy in the details (simple piano is clean and crisp; strings and cymbals often go fuzzy). Turning on the EQ "Treble Reducer" helped tone down the harshness. I'll be testing them all day tomorrow, so we'll see how well they hold up in a loud office environment.

Unfortunately, calling out is still problematic, with people complaining that I sounded farther away, and words getting truncated (I'm going to guess it was the audioIQ trying to suppress background noise, though there wasn't any!). Sadly, I have yet to find ANY headset that can beat the clarity of the built-in iPhone mic.

Keep in mind that the 855 headphones are in-ear! If you're not used to wearing plugs, and not comfortable with getting a good seal in the ear canal, then this headset is not going to be a good idea. On the other hand, they'll be better at blocking outside noise, and will most likely sound louder and fuller than similarly priced headsets. Though not having any other stereo bluetooth equipment, I can't really corroborate that assumption. :laugh2:

As for range, the A2DP signal has reached across my entire apartment, something I really, really wasn't expecting. However, if I hold the iPhone between my arm and my chest, the signal will instantly break up. Range is great if the iPhone has room to breathe - but it won't transmit at all if you're blocking it with a body part.

I'd be interested in hearing what other people think, I'm not entirely sold on the lop-sided feel of a headset+earpiece, especially if I'm only using it for music, not calls. I'd LOVE to get the Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800. Now those are an engineering marvel! So marvellous, they don't include volume controls, which the iPhone doesn't support when connecting to a bluetooth headset assuming that the headset has volume controls already. Ooops. :eek:

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have been using the Moto S9-HD Bluetooth headphones with the 3.0 Software since Monday and they work great. Look at Amazon as they have them for about $70.00
I just bought them on Amazon today for about $48 which includes shipping! :cool:

ctrob

Sep 30, 2007
So it looks like skipping tracks will not operate on any headset, because Apple left out the proper profile correct?

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
So if you want the dual headphone/talking functionality, you have to buy one of the ones that looks like a normal bluetooth w/ a cord for the other ear? Are there other options? I'd like a regular pair of headphones (maybe behind the head) that just has a mini mic on it also. Do those exist?

If not, what is the best pair of regular bluetooth headphones out there?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.

ribibi

Jun 23, 2008
I re-activated my old Anycom BSH-101, which did not work well with my MDA Vario III two years ago, but with the iPhone OS 3.0 I can use it.
The sound quality is clean, but the bass is a bit poor.
The distances it can bridge is really great (you can leave a room for getting your fresh glass of coke from the fridge without a drop out).
One flaw: next and repeat last are not working, but volume up/down and all telephone functions are great and easy to use.

As I am using an Oakley Thump (sun glasses with integrated MP3 player) I would be interested in any comment on Oakley O ROKR Pro Bluetooth Eyewear paired with the iPhone 3G and 3Gs.

ribibi