Ability to go back to an old version

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Of course you can..you should always have the ability to go back to an older update firmware, software, it doesn't matter! I think its just odd that they don't allow you to.

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
What does that have to do with anything? Of course a new update will "supersede" an older one....that doesn't explain why we can't go back to an older version!
You can't as of now...you're going to have to live with 1.1.1 until and if they can hack the new update.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
What does that have to do with anything? Of course a new update will "supersede" an older one....that doesn't explain why we can't go back to an older version!
You seem pretty intense about this. Why do you want to go back?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
the reason why they made this version unable to roll back is because the main intent of this release in the first place was to stop all 3rd party development. If they let users roll back then no-one would update and everyone would just keep 1.0.2. But sadly they are forcing people to keep 1.1.1 to stop 3rd party apps. Really sad actually, doesn't seem to make any sense why Apple would want to do this. They normally like to side with the innovators.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Of course you can..you should always have the ability to go back to an older update firmware, software, it doesn't matter! I think its just odd that they don't allow you to.
If you can't go back by design, it doesn't matter if it's theoretically possible.

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
If you can't go back by design, it doesn't matter if it's theoretically possible.
Of course you can go back by design. Every device I own you can install old firmware on. It's just firmware. Apple went out of their way to block you from going back not because of design but because they want to stop third party apps and unlocking.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
That's what I meant by design. Apple's design to prevent us from hacking, which is their right.