Able to set time when to send email/SMS?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 29, 2007
Many times I have things which I need to remember or remember at certain times. I am not a big user of iCal on my Mac but I may begin using it, but I do not go on my computer as much as I use my phone.

Is there a way to send an email or SMS message and a certain time in the future? Like say you need a reminder in 24 hours?

I am trying out iCal to see if it will vibrate to remind me. I need it to be able to vibrate to remind me when I need to do something. Its for school and I want to remember to turn in something and I have to do this a lot.

NMprofessional

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Rochester NY
I think iCal would work for reminders for you - if you wanted to start using it again.

If you leave your computer on all of the time, you should be able to setup your email program to deliver an email to you at a specific time at your phone.

Or try: www.toodledo.com
It is a to do list manager that allows you to be emailed reminders via SMS to your phone.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm confused. Are you looking specifically for a way to set reminders from the computer or just a way to do it in general?

Why can't you just set calendar events with reminders on the iPhone itself?

You could even use the alarm function to remind you of things in the upcoming week by setting the day in the "Repeat" section.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
You could always use the calendar on your iPhone and set an alarm.

Or if you really wanted to use SMS alerts, sign up for a Google Calendar and set up your dates in there with SMS alerts.