Able to use with other carrier?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GsPoT

Oct 2, 2007
I heard that if i put another carrier sin card into the iPhone it wont work that well like the internet and calls because the iPhone use a different network?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You should search the forums first, but since this is your first 2 posts, I'll go ahead and answer.
You have to first "Jailbreak" the phone to open the OS to third party apps. I highly recommend AppTapp.
Then you have to install and run one of the several free unlocking software packages available to open the phone to use other carriers.
3rd and MOST IMPORTANT! You must NOT upgrade to iPhone Firmware 1.1.1
Your phone will become a "brick" and completely unusable.
If you are already on this firmware update, then I highly suggest that you wait till the Dev team finishes hacking the new firmware.

Personally, unlocking the phone to use other sims is a great thing, but you must take the following into consideration before moving forward.
1) you cannot update the firmware if you unlock the phone till someone has a simple working solution
2) if you unlock and start using the iPhone on another network, PLEASE make sure that you have an unlimited data plan in place or your first bill with the iPhone will be hundrend to thousands of dollars on whatever carrier you move to.
3)finally, do LOTS of research before doing anything.

GsPoT

Oct 2, 2007
I basicly want to use the iPhone and all it feature but don't want to pay a money bill -.- but a prepaid will be cool is there a way? link to info?

GsPoT

Oct 2, 2007
so basicly the prepaid plan i still have to use my credit card for it? or can i pay whenever i want? like regular prepaid..refills

GsPoT

Oct 2, 2007
is it that if i unlock my phone and put my tmobile sim card in it, it will charge me a lot of money because of some data plan thing? don't it start chargeing data plan if i use the internet?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
is it that if i unlock my phone and put my tmobile sim card in it, it will charge me a lot of money because of some data plan thing? don't it start chargeing data plan if i use the internet?

I think that there is an unlimited data plan for T-Mobile for like $4.99 or something like that. I would suggest reading through this thread because wildorino seems to have done his homework pretty well.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...east-14-to-34-a-month-for-more-minutes.12049/

Last edited by a moderator:

GsPoT

Oct 2, 2007
so if i unlock my iPhone soon there will be a new update in which i'll have to wait for another unlock program for my phone?

iDutch

Sep 8, 2007
so if i unlock my iPhone soon there will be a new update in which i'll have to wait for another unlock program for my phone?
Why the hell would you pay $0.10 per minute for prepay. If you can afford to buy an iPhone, you should be able to afford a normal service plan as well... it's like driving a Ferrari with $5 in your pocket for gas....

GsPoT

Oct 2, 2007
i aint talking about that anymore im talking about if i unlock my iPhone soon there will be a new update in which i'll have to wait for another unlock program for my phone?

iDutch

Sep 8, 2007
i aint talking about that anymore im talking about if i unlock my iPhone soon there will be a new update in which i'll have to wait for another unlock program for my phone?
Just don't update, there are no extreme benefits at the moment

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia

If you unlock your iPhone then you will NOT be able to update because the update from Apple will cause your iPhone to most likely become a brick, unless by that time the newest update has already been hacked and an unlock can be performed. But for every update after that you will have to wait for yet another hack.