About Purchasing an iPhone 3G

y_2

Jul 16, 2008
Is there ANY way of purchasing the iPhone 3G without signing the 2 year contract?

I remember the first generation iPhone could be bought without any contract signing.

P.S: I mean buying it at an Apple or AT&T store, not on eBay or other sites like that.

MiamiCane

Jun 27, 2007
Miami, FL
AT&T said you will be able to purchase the iPhone with no contract "soon" for $599 for the 8GB version or $699 for the 16GB. If you're planing on sticking with AT&T I'd say get the upgrade price if you can because that monthly bill is going to be pretty expensive on top of that hefty entrance (no commit iPhone) price.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Is there ANY way of purchasing the iPhone 3G without signing the 2 year contract?

I remember the first generation iPhone could be bought without any contract signing.

P.S: I mean buying it at an Apple or AT&T store, not on eBay or other sites like that.
Whether its an AT&T or an Apple Store, as of now you HAVE to buy it with a contract. AT&T is thinking about about doing a deal where you can purchase it without a contract but its around 6 or 700 dollars. Its not official that they're going to be doing that. Its a possibility.

Edit: Sorry, was posting this on the iPhone at the same time.