ill be gone for a bit.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
DAMN!

i did it on his Mac...

but i have a PC.

and i don't have a Terminal equivalent.. and cmd isn't understanding anything..

meaning i cant extract the 1.1.1 ramdisk..

any suggestions?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
he left with his mac.. he was actually my cousin, but he was staying wth us for a bit, and then he went back to his home..

damn.. he had a nice ass computer.. MacBookPro.

shame.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I believe the Terminal Client for PC is PUTTY if I'm not mistaken.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
For what? To download iPHUC? It's in the 1.1.2 jailbreak download.

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iPhone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip
No, i have iPHUC..

you cant extract the ramdisk with iPhuc, because it doesn't have the proper commands...

you need SSh commands, so ill use PuTTy when i get home again...

meanwhile my phone is still pissing me off, with the Wi-Fi thing...

i think i need to restore, because sometimes when i try to move the icons, it resprings on me...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
No, i have iPHUC..

you cant extract the ramdisk with iPhuc, because it doesn't have the proper commands...

you need SSh commands, so ill use PuTTy when i get home again...

meanwhile my phone is still pissing me off, with the Wi-Fi thing...

i think i need to restore, because sometimes when i try to move the icons, it resprings on me...
Out of curiosity, are you using Taskbar Notifier at all? I just had to remove that from 3 phones that all started to develop problems all of a sudden. I haven't run into any problems since removing the app. I think theres a memory leak in the app, once your reserves get full the iPhone crashes because it doesn't know it can't write to a memory address thats already been filled by Taskbar Notifier's leaks.

Just an idea, and its cleared up the issues on 3 phones that had it installed.

Issues ranged from springboard not "re-springing" after installing apps, maps.app just crashing, spontaneous restarts, blank screens upon waking up the phone, showing that you've got mail indefinitely.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Out of curiosity, are you using Taskbar Notifier at all? I just had to remove that from 3 phones that all started to develop problems all of a sudden. I haven't run into any problems since removing the app. I think theres a memory leak in the app, once your reserves get full the iPhone crashes because it doesn't know it can't write to a memory address thats already been filled by Taskbar Notifier's leaks.

Just an idea, and its cleared up the issues on 3 phones that had it installed.

Issues ranged from springboard not "re-springing" after installing apps, maps.app just crashing, spontaneous restarts, blank screens upon waking up the phone, showing that you've got mail indefinitely.
I was, but the thing that it would not work after installing was the GH3 mod for TTR..

i tried rmdir /Applications/TTR.app

but it says unknown error..

ah well.. back to 1.1.1 it is..

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008