About to throw my phone out the window...

Mar 2, 2009
California
OK I upgraded to 3.0 GM and things were working great. I did experience lag in one game so far (as mentioned previously) but no biggie, I guess. Then, last night I go to sync my device and downloaded some app updates. Then at the very end of the sync, it gives me two errors, which I forget exactly what it said but I will post what I remember:

Device "iPhone" cannot by synced due to an error. Unable to sync device."

That's not completely accurate but I know the first part is. So, I figured I'd restart my phone and my PC to see if it would fix the problem. Nope. Still received the same error. I tried using my phone but no apps would open except for Messages and the App store which I found to be odd.

After connecting my phone again, iTunes wanted to set my device as either a new phone or restore from backup, since a "previous device" had previously been synced with my PC. Am I missing something here? Why was my info suddenly gone and not being recognized by Windows? I then restored from backup and things were fine.

This morning, my phone would not connect to the Internet at all. After trying to load Google unsuccessfuly, I reset my device. Even after resetting my phone and trying to load Safari, it would show it was still trying to load Google from a previous attempt. ?

Later today on my lunch while using my iPhone in my car as my iPod, my phone decided it would be funny and reset on me at random. WTF?

Before last night things were fine. Only until trying to sync did things start going wrong. Should I format back to 2.2.1 and upgrade tomorrow, or do nothing and just wait until the official release is out and try again tomorrow?

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
I would wait until the official release if it continues restore from scratch then upgrade to 3.0 then if that doesn't help turn to Apple with no mention of you using the GM.

Mar 2, 2009
California
I would wait until the official release if it continues restore from scratch then upgrade to 3.0 then if that doesn't help turn to Apple with no mention of you using the GM.
Seeing as the GM is the final build, I saw a link posted on here by someone that using the GM build locks you into a testing mode of some sort. Once you change firmwares, is anything left behind?

Say for example, I upgrade to 4.0 (non existent) from 3.0. Are traces of 3.0 left behind?