Absinthe Jailbreak Lockdown Error - Hunter Solution

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by iphonehunter mr. x, May 26, 2012.

1. iphonehunter mr. x

iphonehunter mr. x New Member

Absinthe 2.0 was released recently. All the drama unfolded at Hack In The Box security conference. The demonstration came from the Chronic Dev Team. The Absinthe tool looks like a simple jailbreak, but people were facing ‘Hang issues’. Absinthe 2.0.1 came out as a result. But even after the update, people are facing errors!

The errors people are facing include “Could not connect to lockdown” and “Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)”. However, you don’t need to worry about these errors. Pod2g and pimpkens have been informed about these errors, and they confirmed the problem aroused due to the random coincidence that creates what they call a ‘timeout’. However, the fix is easy.

All required from your side is to head over to ‘Settings’ of the device > General > Reset > Reset All Content and Settings. After this, download Absinthe 2.0.1 and run it again.

After following the above method, you will be able to bypass the issue. I expect more errors in the upcoming days. Will keep you guys informed!

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

There are always issues when the Jailbreak is first released. Thanks for this notification. I guess I can be happy that I didn't experience any said issues.

3. iphonehunter mr. x

iphonehunter mr. x New Member

Yes mate! Some were lucky to jailbreak it in the first try :D