Accelerometer SMS and email?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cjosof

Jun 3, 2007
I have been wondering if the accelerometer/horizontal effect will be effective in the SMS and email apps... the QUERTY keyboard would be larger and maybe more user-friendly! It would be exciting. I haven't seen any examples of this feature but maybe I just missed it!

Also Jobs typed with one finger during the keynote introduction of the phone and the Apple.com example videos show faster keystrokes... can we still use our thumbs!? please

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
I have been wondering if the accelerometer/horizontal effect will be effective in the SMS and email apps... the QUERTY keyboard would be larger and maybe more user-friendly! It would be exciting. I haven't seen any examples of this feature but maybe I just missed it!

Also Jobs typed with one finger during the keynote introduction of the phone and the Apple.com example videos show faster keystrokes... can we still use our thumbs!? please
at one point he starts to type with his thumbs, then switches to one finger, i just don't think hes much of a texter and has to peck at a keyboard unless he can use all fingers

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
at one point he starts to type with his thumbs, then switches to one finger, i just don't think hes much of a texter and has to peck at a keyboard unless he can use all fingers
He used only one finger so that the camera for the keynote could see what he was doing on the screen. Im sure you can use two thumbs just fine and its quick to type after you get used to it.