Accept / Decline Call

dennisd

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
Sometimes when I receive a call, I have the option to accept or decline. Other times I don't; I only have the option to slide to answer. What is the cause of this and can it be defaulted to accept/decline?

thanks
dennisd

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You get the slide to answer when the phone is locked. If you're actively using the phone, you'll get accept/decline. I don't know of any way to modify this behavior.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
You get the slide to answer when the phone is locked. If you're actively using the phone, you'll get accept/decline. I don't know of any way to modify this behavior.
That's how it works. To decline if you don't have the button, just tap the power button twice (on top).

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If you hit the top sleep button once, it will simply silence the call and stop the phone from vibrating. This lets the person calling hear the full ring so they cannot tell you sent the call to voicemail like they can if you hit it twice.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If you hit the top sleep button once, it will simply silence the call and stop the phone from vibrating. This lets the person calling hear the full ring so they cannot tell you sent the call to voicemail like they can if you hit it twice.
This is the only option I use. No need to be rude about it.

Oh, I do use it with my wife. Honesty trumps courtesy sometimes in marriage.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I usually just hit the volume buttom, which silences it, but I think that sends it straight to voicemail.