Acceptable Compromise?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 23, 2007
I was just wondering if this hypothetical offer would be an acceptable compromise to upset iPhone owners.
  1. $200 refund for iPhones purchased on the first weekend.
  2. A $100 rebate on any Apple product over $500 purchased online or in store. Plus $100 gift card for iTunes. This would be for all those iPhone buyers between the opening weekend and the last 15 days.
  3. Existing 14 day $200 refund policy.
#1 would be a 'tip of the hat' to loyal Apple fanboys and early adopters. A thanks for the 'free press' that was earned by the lines on iDay. #2 would be only potential lost future profits. #3 already is in effect.

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I was just wondering if this hypothetical offer would be an acceptable compromise to upset iPhone owners.
  1. $200 refund for iPhones purchased on the first weekend.
  2. A $100 rebate on any Apple product over $500 purchased online or in store. Plus $100 gift card for iTunes. This would be for all those iPhone buyers between the opening weekend and the last 15 days.
  3. Existing 14 day $200 refund policy.
#1 would be a 'tip of the hat' to loyal Apple fanboys and early adopters. A thanks for the 'free press' that was earned by the lines on iDay. #2 would be only potential lost future profits. #3 already is in effect.
Actually any attempt to try and resolve this with prior customers would likely work. It's not about money for most- It's about how Apple is saying "THANK YOU" to those who ran out and bought one after launch.

krossmusic

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
New York City
Heck I would think even something like 50-100 iTunes giftcard or Apple gift card when the announcment was made would be good. But that's just not good businesss for them either.

TJ