Accessing "AT&T WiFi"

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by vgoklani, Jul 11, 2007.

1. vgoklani

vgoklani New Member

Hi,

Can I use the iPhone to access the AT&T wifi hotspots? They require a username and password, what should I use?
  2. DeadSpider

DeadSpider New Member

I called AT&T tech about this yesterday, they told me I just enter
    my ADSL login info, which is my email addy [User Name] and my
    7 digit phone number my ADSL is on[Password]

I forgot to test this while I was in town yesterday. I will
    today when the sun comes up in 5 or so hours if I am awake.:)
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. DeadSpider

DeadSpider New Member

Just an update, live from McDonalds in Thibodeaux,La.
    Yep, all you need is your email & pass. Speed is not good
    though. I am getting 679 Kbps here, better than edge atleast.
  5. iJohn

iJohn New Member

So wait, you can use ATT wifi hotspots. The username is your email and the password is your phone number? or an actual password.
  6. DeadSpider

DeadSpider New Member

When I got my adsl with bellsouth the password default was my
    home phone number[never changed it].
    How the AT&T rep explained it to me basically was....
    What you use to log into this site >>AT&T SITE<< is what you will use
    for the wifi hotspots if you are a HighSpeed Customer or something along
    those lines.
  7. Bluesy1

Bluesy1 New Member

I got on automatically at my local Barnes & Noble. I'm sort of confused about this AT&T wifi hotspot thing because the pamphlet I picked up seemed to indicate it was a service you had to pay for.
  8. rj5620

rj5620 New Member

It is a service you have to pay for. Only if you use ATT for your home high speed internet do you get a user name for email and a password to use to log into a Mcdonald's hot spot. Just becasue you have an ATT account with the iPhone does not give you free hotspot access.
  9. DeadSpider

DeadSpider New Member

San Antonio, Texas, July 2, 2007
    AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced that millions of its customers with higher speed broadband plans can now receive free access to AT&T’s nationwide Wi-Fi network — nearly 10,000 hot spots at popular locations across the country including leading airports, McDonalds restaurants, Barnes & Noble bookstores, coffee shops and popular sporting venues.

.....Effective now, qualifying new and existing residential and small business AT&T broadband customers instantly benefit from the free unlimited Wi-Fi connectivity at company hot spots. Qualifying AT&T broadband packages include: AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet Pro (up to 3.0 Mbps downstream), AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet Elite (up to 6.0 Mbps downstream), FastAccess Xtreme (up to 3.0 Mbps downstream) and FastAccess Xtreme 6.0 (up to 6.0 Mbps downstream).

Source