Accessing "AT&T WiFi"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
I called AT&T tech about this yesterday, they told me I just enter
my ADSL login info, which is my email addy [User Name] and my
7 digit phone number my ADSL is on[Password]

I forgot to test this while I was in town yesterday. I will
today when the sun comes up in 5 or so hours if I am awake.:)

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
So wait, you can use ATT wifi hotspots. The username is your email and the password is your phone number? or an actual password.
When I got my adsl with bellsouth the password default was my
home phone number[never changed it].
How the AT&T rep explained it to me basically was....
What you use to log into this site >>AT&T SITE<< is what you will use
for the wifi hotspots if you are a HighSpeed Customer or something along
those lines.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
I got on automatically at my local Barnes & Noble. I'm sort of confused about this AT&T wifi hotspot thing because the pamphlet I picked up seemed to indicate it was a service you had to pay for.

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
It is a service you have to pay for. Only if you use ATT for your home high speed internet do you get a user name for email and a password to use to log into a Mcdonald's hot spot. Just becasue you have an ATT account with the iPhone does not give you free hotspot access.

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
San Antonio, Texas, July 2, 2007
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced that millions of its customers with higher speed broadband plans can now receive free access to AT&T’s nationwide Wi-Fi network — nearly 10,000 hot spots at popular locations across the country including leading airports, McDonalds restaurants, Barnes & Noble bookstores, coffee shops and popular sporting venues.

.....Effective now, qualifying new and existing residential and small businesss AT&T broadband customers instantly benefit from the free unlimited Wi-Fi connectivity at company hot spots. Qualifying AT&T broadband packages include: AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet Pro (up to 3.0 Mbps downstream), AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet Elite (up to 6.0 Mbps downstream), FastAccess Xtreme (up to 3.0 Mbps downstream) and FastAccess Xtreme 6.0 (up to 6.0 Mbps downstream).

Source