Accessory compatibility between 3G and 3GS?

TxFireman1972

Bronze
Feb 12, 2009
Just like the title sais....will 3g accessories work with 3gs phones. I know when I went from an original iPhone to 3g I had to get new car chargers because my original ones wouldn't work with 3g. I also had the cable for connecting the iPhone to the TV (RCA's) and had to get a new one of those from Apple because the old one wouldn't work.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
From all I've read and seen, the 3G accessories will work just fine with the 3G S. With that said, I'm still a little weary.

Joe

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I think they will all work seamlessly, that's the point.

I'm pumped to not have a recessed headphone jack for once and to finally get a pair of bluetooth headphones! I would really like it if I can get a pair of headphones w/ a tiny mic and controls for the phone...think they'll make those?

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
Im actually shocked they purposely didn't change one thing, even slightly (like moving the camera over) so one would HAVE to purchase new cases

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I just got an email back from Seidio saying they "currently cannot confirm" whether their stuff works with the 3G S. :(

Joe

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I just got an email back from Seidio saying they "currently cannot confirm" whether their stuff works with the 3G S. :(

Joe
Until they get their hands on a 3GS which won't happen until the 19th they won't be able to confirm unless Apple comes out saying that all 3G cases will work with 3GS cases. That would have been a good selling point to mention at the keynote for them if they do all fit. Even on the Apple website they don't have the cases saying 3GS compatible unless 3G includes any 3G phone.