Accessory not supported

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by altjx, Dec 20, 2010.

1. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

I know there's threads but no results came up in search on this iCafe app. this problem just started happening yesterday. same phone same charger no difference. why would this just randomly start?

2. shupik69

shupik69 Member
    Silver

Dust in the ports of the phone or the accessory. My truck players did the same thing and was annoying, blew in both and it stopped! It will cause the phone to get bad readings or connection with devices. Make sure everything is clean and clear...luck!

3. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

I tried this but this didn't work.

4. shupik69

shupik69 Member
    Silver

Sorry not sure...It happened several random times so i brought a different brand. It works great, gave my old one to my niece and it worked for her! Like you said..just randomly happens!

5. chris12923

chris12923 New Member

Not sure but my iPhone 4 does it and so does my friends Droid....Technologies great :)

6. kyleplusitunes

Silver

You'll get that message pretty often with 3rd party chargers. Don't sweet it just hit cancel. I actually get the message with the official Apple composite cable, it simply mean your accessory was not made for the iPhone.

7. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Oh ok, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

8. kidmonkey

kidmonkey New Member

i recently started getting this & have been trying to figure it out. it suddenly happened with my (Apple) iPhone charger. phone wouldn't charge with any Apple chargers ...the only one that works is my 3rd party car charger. very random & weird. Apple sent me a new iPhone yesterday.

9. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

I got my iPhone 4 on release date last year. I've had this problem before and I would just blow the charging port and that'd fix my issue. Lately, it started coming back. Not sure what in the world has changed other than an iOS upgrade but it's been doing that a few weeks prior to upgrading as well.

I've blown the port again and it still happens... My iPhone 4 is owned by my company... Should I bring it to Apple and can I do it myself if I should? Any other suggestions for this?

10. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

remember that the port on the phone is only half of what could be causing the problem. The other half could be the cable.
    The port on the phone takes the cable into it, but the cable connector is basically a port for the center strip in the phone. Both need to be debris free in order to work correctly. A hair, or piece of dust can "contaminate" the connection and generate the error. Blow out the cable connector and see if that solves your problem, and if you have a spare cable, I would use that to test against as well. If one cable does it and the other doesn't, we you know that you possible have a dirty or bad cable.
    If both do it, then it points to the phone's docking port.

11. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Sounds good. Thanks. Going to blow it out next time I have this error come up repeatedly again.

12. RPMSTL

RPMSTL Member
    Bronze

I keep getting the 'accessory not supported' error pop up on my iPhone 6 Plus.

This happens when nothing is attached.

Already tried restoring.

Since I can't find any others posting this same issue it may be a hardware problem.

Hopefully the Apple stores have replacement phones.

#12 RPMSTL, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014