Accidentally Hid Customize/SMB Icon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 20, 2007
As the title says. Does anyone know how I can get them back? I read in one thread about mobilefinder, but I already had that and hid it too... go figure . Thanks:(

Nov 20, 2007
Thanks for the reply guys. I ended up editing a plist file to add a 5th icon to the dock and made the 5th icon the customize icon and accessed it that way.

Nov 20, 2007
1. Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ using whatever app you prefer (I'm using iPhoneBrowswer v1.4) and find the M68AP.plist file.

2. Right-click it and choose "Save As" and save it somewhere

3. Open it up in wordpad and scroll down to where it says <key>iconList</key> and find the display identifier that you want to add to the dock and copy and paste it into the section labled <key>buttonBar</key>. In my case, I just chose the display identifier for the customize icon. You want to copy this:
<dict>
<key>displayIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.xxxxxxxxx</string>
</dict>
xxxxxx= whatever icon you want to add

Then delete it from the icon list section.

4. Save the file and send it back to the phone. I believe you have to restart the springboard in summerboard in order for it to take affect.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with everything, so I tried to make it somewhat detailed for you :)

If you have any questions, then feel free to ask

levin2k

Nov 24, 2007
1. Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ using whatever app you prefer (I'm using iPhoneBrowswer v1.4) and find the M68AP.plist file.

2. Right-click it and choose "Save As" and save it somewhere

3. Open it up in wordpad and scroll down to where it says <key>iconList</key> and find the display identifier that you want to add to the dock and copy and paste it into the section labled <key>buttonBar</key>. In my case, I just chose the display identifier for the customize icon. You want to copy this:
<dict>
<key>displayIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.xxxxxxxxx</string>
</dict>
xxxxxx= whatever icon you want to add

Then delete it from the icon list section.

4. Save the file and send it back to the phone. I believe you have to restart the springboard in summerboard in order for it to take affect.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with everything, so I tried to make it somewhat detailed for you :)

If you have any questions, then feel free to ask
Hello
I followed your steps and hit a couple of snags...

First, the plist file was called Displayorder.plist on my phone.

And second, i moved the installer app higher in the icon list so that it will show up on the main menu and saved the file back onto the phone.

I am unclear on your step 4 - restart springboard in summer board. What does this mean?

The problem i am having is that i installed to many apps and now my installer icon is hidden somewhere below the screen. And i cant seem to install any apps through ibrickr either (was trying to install DOCK or somehting similar to scroll to get to the installer...)

Thanks.

Nov 20, 2007
Sorry for the late reply.

Im running a 1.1.2 phone and I first tried editing the Displayorder.plist file and nothing happened. I only got things to work if I edited the M68AP.plist file. If the displayorder file is all you have, then you should be able to edit that one.

It sounds like you don't have Summerboard installed on your phone. Summerboard allows you to be able to scroll your homepage. If you have more icons than will fit on the homepage, It allows you to scroll it and view the rest of the icons. I would try installing that first to see if it will let you view your installer icon that you said is off the page.

I'm not sure if our problems are the same. I used the program "customize" which has an option to hide icons and I accidentally hid my customize, installer and SMBPrefs icon, which pretty much screwed me over.

It sounds like you may have added too many programs to your homepage and now cannot view and access them all. Please correct me if
I'm wrong and i'll do what I can from there to help.

levin2k

Nov 24, 2007
Hi titanium. Thanks for the reply. But I managed to fix my phone with the help of your last post. Yeah your right my prob was that I installed too Manu apps and hide the installer icon. And for some reason I can't install apps from ibrickr. Anyway I tries changing the order of he icons by wsirng the dispaly order file but that didn't work. So I baxkednip the d
file and deleted some lines from I'd to remove some other icons and this for me the installer back on the screen. Then I replaced the display file work the one I backed up so that I got the original icons again. I know this is not useful doe you but thought it will help others who might be on the same bind I was in. Now I have dock and summer board installed so its all good sorry about the spelling I'm rtpong this from the iPhone! Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply.

Im running a 1.1.2 phone and I first tried editing the Displayorder.plist file and nothing happened. I only got things to work if I edited the M68AP.plist file. If the displayorder file is all you have, then you should be able to edit that one.

It sounds like you don't have Summerboard installed on your phone. Summerboard allows you to be able to scroll your homepage. If you have more icons than will fit on the homepage, It allows you to scroll it and view the rest of the icons. I would try installing that first to see if it will let you view your installer icon that you said is off the page.

I'm not sure if our problems are the same. I used the program "customize" which has an option to hide icons and I accidentally hid my customize, installer and SMBPrefs icon, which pretty much screwed me over.

It sounds like you may have added too many programs to your homepage and now cannot view and access them all. Please correct me if
I'm wrong and i'll do what I can from there to help.