accidently deleted iTunes music from computer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fee

Oct 27, 2010
Ok I was having trouble with hard disc space and so I tried to move my iTunes to external hard drive in which somehow I deleted the entire music library off my computer and its not on the hard drive NOW the only place I have all my music stored is on my iPhone and Im in the process of getting new computer and Im hoping that I will be able to get my music off iPhone into new iTunes library

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Lunfai

Bronze
Sep 16, 2010
Ok I was having trouble with hard disc space and so I tried to move my iTunes to external hard drive in which somehow I deleted the entire music library off my computer and its not on the hard drive NOW the only place I have all my music stored is on my iPhone and Im in the process of getting new computer and Im hoping that I will be able to get my music off iPhone into new iTunes library

IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Plug your iPhone in and cancel the sync and the right click your iPhone in the left pane where it has your iPhone name, and there should be a 'transfer purchases' option or something named similar, click that and it might restore your music back onto your computer library, ENJOY! Tell me if it works, I know it does for apps.

Or if your jailbroken get iPhone explorer on your computer or use ssh and copy the music folder in your library on your phone to your computer and your sorted, but this could take a long time, but 100% do-able and works.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Some what similar problem I was in iTunes and created a new play list and transferred, clicked and dragged the songs I wanted into it from the music play list. I then highlight, in the music play list those songs I transferred and deleted them. I had the option of moving them to the iTunes library or the recycle bin. I know, stupid, stupid I selected the recycle bin. It deleted those songs from all of the other play lists that I had previously moved them to. I tried to find a delete undo in the iTunes toolbar but no such luck. I did a search under iTunes help and again no such luck. I went to my recycle bin on my desk top and there they were so I clicked restore thinking they would be restored to my iTunes library. No such luck. I know they are on my computer some where. I use a PC. Any suggestions on how I might find them and restore them to my library. If I could find them I think I could import them into mu iTunes library. So far my thinking hasn't helped much so any advice would be appreciated. Jerry

Update I found where the songs were stored on my hard drive and have imported them back into iTunes, The pain is I have to recreate my play lists.

justinxtreme

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
Lunfai's method only works if you purchased your music from the iTunes Store

The iPhoneBrowser method is a bit messy

Like I said in other posts, use SharePod for music not from iTunes since it organizes your music for you along with copying it to your computer (to any folder you want) otherwise use Transfer Purchases in iTunes

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
Some what similar problem I was in iTunes and created a new play list and transferred, clicked and dragged the songs I wanted into it from the music play list. I then highlight, in the music play list those songs I transferred and deleted them. I had the option of moving them to the iTunes library or the recycle bin. I know, stupid, stupid I selected the recycle bin. It deleted those songs from all of the other play lists that I had previously moved them to. I tried to find a delete undo in the iTunes toolbar but no such luck. I did a search under iTunes help and again no such luck. I went to my recycle bin on my desk top and there they were so I clicked restore thinking they would be restored to my iTunes library. No such luck. I know they are on my computer some where. I use a PC. Any suggestions on how I might find them and restore them to my library. If I could find them I think I could import them into mu iTunes library. So far my thinking hasn't helped much so any advice would be appreciated. Jerry
Can you not go to the recycle bin and restore them to their original place?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

justinxtreme

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
All you have to do is have the iTunes library file

The original one.

Otherwise you can manually add them, File > Add File or Add Folder

For Album Artwork (requires iTunes account)
Select all songs using CTRL + A then right click and Get Album Artwork

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
All you have to do is have the iTunes library file

The original one.

Otherwise you can manually add them, File > Add File or Add Folder

For Album Artwork (requires iTunes account)
Select all songs using CTRL + A then right click and Get Album Artwork[/Q

Where is the iTunes Library File located?

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I found my iTunes library and restored all the songs I had deleted. The only aggravation is I had to manually recreate my playlists . If that is the biggest problem I have then I am blessed.

Old Gregg

Dec 18, 2011
Ypsilanti, Michigan
PLEASE READ THIS WILL HELP:
There is a program called CopyTrans (and its free btw)
Install this and i guarentee it will help. (sorry if i sound like a commercial lol) -- --
(o) (o)
------------ (face)
but anyways i accidentally deleted some of my favorite songs. i hadnt done anything for a looooooonnnng time because i thought i wuz gonna have to go through a bunch of crap just to get my songs back. but 2day i finally was looking and decided to install this program. (btw it might be slightly hard to install but it just brings up a few windows but no big deal)WOW was i surprised when i used it and got my stuff back in tha blink of a eye. email me anybody if this helps because this program is the best thang (the best part is that it is totally free.)

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Install this and i guarentee it will help. (sorry if i sound like a commercial lol) -- --
(o) (o)
------------ (face)
but anyways i accidentally deleted some of my favorite songs. i hadnt done anything for a looooooonnnng time because i thought i wuz gonna have to go through a bunch of crap just to get my songs back. but 2day i finally was looking and decided to install this program. (btw it might be slightly hard to install but it just brings up a few windows but no big deal)WOW was i surprised when i used it and got my stuff back in tha blink of a eye. email me anybody if this helps because this program is the best thang (the best part is that it is totally free.)
Formatting edited..

(o) (o)
------------ (face)

Thanks so much! :) I followed your suggestion after I unwittingly deleted some albums in my PC. CopyTrans did a terrific job! ;)