accidently shot video upside down

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
hey so i was shooting a video and somehow i think i shot it upside down...

i copied the movie file to windows 7 desktop.

is there a way to rotate the video to get it upright?

whetehr with software or some way anyway to edit?

TIA

dank

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
I don't think I never use portrait lock

Alls I know when I watch the video on windows it is shot perfectly but upside down.

billinaz

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
I did the same thing. I found software online to flip the video 180 degrees..... just search and you should find many options....

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Windows doesn't come with movie maker anymore?

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Windows 7 does not come with it, but it is a free download. Don't know if that will rotate it or not.

jim7474

Aug 19, 2012
as far as i know MM does not support hd. which means most of new videos are supported... so so.
At least last time i checked was like that.
try Rotate Video from moonvalleysoft
Not sure if it works with Apple formats but, BUT, there's a trial you can test and you should test it so you can hardly go wrong.
Pros: easy to use, safe.
Cons: little bit limited functions

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
as far as i know MM does not support hd. which means most of new videos are supported... so so.
At least last time i checked was like that.
try Rotate Video from moonvalleysoft
Not sure if it works with Apple formats but, BUT, there's a trial you can test and you should test it so you can hardly go wrong.
Pros: easy to use, safe.
Cons: little bit limited functions
Dude, that last post was 2 years ago. Lol. I'm sure he fixed his problem by now. ;)

jim7474

Aug 19, 2012
Buddy,
i got this problem 2 days ago, not 2 years ago, was useful to me, useful to share, happy as you are that he made it through. Otherwise, if the post is too old, delete the page

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Buddy,
i got this problem 2 days ago, not 2 years ago, was useful to me, useful to share, happy as you are that he made it through. Otherwise, if the post is too old, delete the page
Ouch, someone is crabby today! If you didn't notice, I used a smiley to denote my jesting manner. Chill.

jim7474

Aug 19, 2012
sorry, i had to explain it better. I am on XP SP3 that comes with an old version of MM, maybe i was out of scope with my post. no problem, have a nice one (y)

Aug 28, 2012
I have that same problem when I take video and its sideways or upside down. I haven't found a way to fix it yet! Hope one of these solutions work!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I have that same problem when I take video and its sideways or upside down. I haven't found a way to fix it yet! Hope one of these solutions work!
You're holding it wrong
wink2.gif

Just hold it with the volume buttons facing the ground and it'll record in the "right" orientation without having to rotate the video after the fact