Accidently upgraded to 1.1.2? - FIX INSIDE!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
==================================================

Lets be clear before you even read any further.

This is ONLY for people who have accidentally upgraded to v1.1.2 from previous firmwares and are looking to SIM UNLOCK their iPhones again.

THIS IS NOT FOR THOSE WITH iPhoneS WITH V1.1.2 OUT OF THE BOX AND WISH TO UNLOCK!

==================================================

Right, now that is over lol let's get down to businesss. This is a very easy way to fix your "Bricked" v1.1.2 iPhone that you accidentally upgraded.

The following instructions should only be followed if you are confident enough with Downgrading, Jailbreaking etc

Downgrade the main firmware from v1.1.2 to v1.1.1:
  1. Connect the phone to the computer and launch iTunes.
  2. To enter recovery mode, connect the phone to the computer and press and hold the Power button (on top) and the Home button (on bottom front) simultaneously. After about 15 seconds phone will appear to turn off, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button. After about 15 seconds the computer and iTunes will detect the phone in recovery mode, and you can perform a restore. IMPORTANT: If you just click the restore button, it will restore it with the latest firmware. It's much safer to manually select firmware instead. If you want to manually select a different firmware you can hold down SHIFT key (Windows) or Option/ALT-key (Mac) when clicking the Restore button, and it will let you choose firmware file. Download the wanted firmware at the bottom of this guide (you would normally want 1.1.1).
  3. You will get an error when restore is complete, just ignore it and run AppTapInstaller.exe (to Mac users: Just open iNdependence and leave it for a minute and it will coax the phone back into normal boot - you can skip step 4 Mac Users!).
  4. AppTapInstaller.exe will fail, but your phone will get to the Activation Screen now!
  5. When on the activation screen, just follow my tutorial to jailbreak and bypass activation
Now your phone main firmware is ok, but you should also downgrade your baseband firmware.

Easy Jailbreak /Activation for v1.1.1

1. Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).
  2. On the activation screen, slide to emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)
  3. Answer the call, and tap on Hold
  4. Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.
  5. Tap on contacts, and tap the + icon to add a new. The only info you are going to add to this contact are two URL's. To add a URL, tap Add new URL. The first URL is prefs followed by a colon: prefs: and the second is jailbreakme.com. Tap Save.
  6. Your contact now has two "web pages" - tap on the first one (prefs:). This will take you to the settings dialog. The reason you want this, is because you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so tap on Wi-Fi, and get connected to a network, and make sure the icon on top of the screen is indicating that you are connected. While you are in the settings dialog, you should also set: General → Auto-Lock → Never.
  7. Now, press the home button, and again, slide to emergency dial 0, Answer the call, Hold and Decline the new call so that you get to the contacts. Tap on your contact (No Name), and this time tap on the other home page, jailbreakme.com
  8. Safari will launch and show you a webpage. Read through the text, before you Install AppSnapp
  9. Phone will return to activation screen, but don't panic, just wait.
  10. Phone should automaticly restart after almost a minute. . If it does not restart withing 2 minutes, click here.
  11. When the phone starts again, it should no longer say Slide to emergency, but rather Slide to unlock It means it was successful! Activation is now bypassed, and phone prepared for software installation! (If you are going to use an AT&T SIM, you won't need to do the next step.)

Downgrading the Baseband Guide

1. Make sure Modem version is 04.02.13_G in Settings → General → About.
  2. Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never
  3. Start Installer and install BSD SubSystem found in System Category.
  4. Go to Sources and tap edit and add http://i.unlock.no/
  5. Now install "BB Downgrader (1.1.2)" found in Unlocking Tools category. This will take around 5 minutes.
  6. When done, restore your phone to get 1.1.1 firmware reinstalled.
  7. When phone have been restored, you can Activate and unlock as normal.

Firmware Downloads (All Legit Apple Links and should not be a voilation of forum rules)

Hopefully this can help some people ;):D

All credits to http://i.unlock.no for this !

Decibel9M3

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Great guide. :laugh2:

But unfortunately my phone was unable to restore on the first step. I downloaded the 1.1.1 restore firmware and manually selected it, but it just kept giving me a restore error.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Great guide. :laugh2:

But unfortunately my phone was unable to restore on the first step. I downloaded the 1.1.1 restore firmware and manually selected it, but it just kept giving me a restore error.

Did you put it into restore mode first ;)?

AKA recovery mode with the Cable and iTunes sign?

Decibel9M3

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007

Did you put it into restore mode first ;)?

AKA recovery mode with the Cable and iTunes sign?

Yes, I followed the instructions step-by-step. An iTunes window popped up after holding the Power+Home then just the Home button that said I was now in Recovery Mode.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Yes, I followed the instructions step-by-step. An iTunes window popped up after holding the Power+Home then just the Home button that said I was now in Recovery Mode.

You could always give the iBrickr method to take it back to v1.02 method when in restore mode....not sure though.

Kevin McN

Jul 15, 2007
I'm having problems dowgrading form 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 on a Mac.

I have tried this on an a PowerPC (7.42) and Intel (iTunes 5.5) with iNdpendence 1.3 beta 2.

Each time I select the Restore.plist file in 1.1.1 firmware folder I get an error 'unknow error 1403'. :( When I try to select the file again I find that it has disappeared from the folder.:mad:

Doe anyone know what is going on?

Thanks
Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I'm having problems dowgrading form 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 on a Mac.

I have tried this on an a PowerPC (7.42) and Intel (iTunes 5.5) with iNdpendence 1.3 beta 2.

Each time I select the Restore.plist file in 1.1.1 firmware folder I get an error 'unknow error 1403'. :( When I try to select the file again I find that it has disappeared from the folder.:mad:

Doe anyone know what is going on?

Thanks
Kevin

You shouldn't have the folder unzipped at all. You should just be selecting the firmware file itself :) (it should be the file with the .ipsw extension)

TheModCity

Dec 3, 2007
i switched from Tmobile to AT&T

i switched my unlocked iPhone with 1.0.2 to use AT&T . i connected the phone to iTunes and updated to activate the new phone with AT&T and now my phone says

"please insert an unlocked sim card"

I tried to restore the phone but without any luck. it goes through the whole restore process and then ends up with the same error message.

HELP!:mad:

Ananse

Sep 27, 2007
Have successfuly upgraded many phones from new 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and unlocked. However have encountered 2 which for some reason did not unlock. After trying to downgrade to 1.1.1 so I can reload oktoprep and try again I find that for some reason I cannot get past the activation screen. jailbreakme.com only seems to work after many tries and then although it appears to be rebooting it gets stuck on the startup screen with the Apple. Tried restoring 1.1.1 all over again but still arrive at the same point. Any ideas?