Accidently upgraded to 1.1.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

flthnasty

Oct 26, 2007
I had a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone. I somehow got the endless reboot and had to restore. After the restore it was uprgraded to 1.1.2. Now, i want to go back to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it. I don't need to have a 1.1.2 jailbroke phone, and i don't want it unlocked. Can anyone help me get my precious phone back the way it was?

btw,
I'm on a pc
I have iTunes 7.5 (I'm pretty sure)
I used jailbreakme.com to do it the fist time

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I had a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone. I somehow got the endless reboot and had to restore. After the restore it was uprgraded to 1.1.2. Now, i want to go back to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it. I don't need to have a 1.1.2 jailbroke phone, and i don't want it unlocked. Can anyone help me get my precious phone back the way it was?

btw,
I'm on a pc
I have iTunes 7.5 (I'm pretty sure)
I used jailbreakme.com to do it the fist time
I hope you're not unlocked.....otherwise you're ****** as there is currently no unlock available for the new boot loader.

siantslil23

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
ouch...that happened to me and i changed back to v1.1.1 and it wouldn't activate so im stuck on v1.1.2 jailbroken..:mad:

shaun01

Nov 22, 2007
I also accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2 on my unlocked iPhone, i am now back to 1.0.2 and i would really like to unlock my phone to UK T Mobile i would greatly appreciate any help as i have tried everything in the forums but just can't seem to unlock the phone, so i'm now stuck with a phone i can't use.

Thanks
Shaun

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I also accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2 on my unlocked iPhone, i am now back to 1.0.2 and i would really like to unlock my phone to UK T Mobile i would greatly appreciate any help as i have tried everything in the forums but just can't seem to unlock the phone, so i'm now stuck with a phone i can't use.

Thanks
Shaun
Hi Shaun,

Quite simply you cannot currently unlock any phone that comes BNIB as v 1.1.2 or any phone that has been upgraded to v1.1.2 as it has both a new baseband and a new bootloader.

So you are stuck with a brick until a new unlock hits the net.

shaun01

Nov 22, 2007
Hi Shaun,

Quite simply you cannot currently unlock any phone that comes BNIB as v 1.1.2 or any phone that has been upgraded to v1.1.2 as it has both a new baseband and a new bootloader.

So you are stuck with a brick until a new unlock hits the net.
Hi Stevonw

Thats not great news, is there any timescale for when a new unlock will come or is it just sit tight and hope? Elsewhere on the forum i was reading that people have got there phone back working after going to 1.1.2 so i believe it must be able to get fixed, i just can't do it myself personally.

Shaun

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Hi Stevonw

Thats not great news, is there any timescale for when a new unlock will come or is it just sit tight and hope? Elsewhere on the forum i was reading that people have got there phone back working after going to 1.1.2 so i believe it must be able to get fixed, i just can't do it myself personally.

Shaun
Hi again Shaun :D

You can get a UK iPhone on any 02 Sim currently via downgrading to v1.1.1 then back to v1.1.2 with jailbreak/activate. This only work's for 02 Sim's unfortunately.

It seems that German iPhones are unlocked via iTunes in seconds and this could see super easy SIM UNLOCK soon! ;)

Also someone dumped the boot loader for v1.1.2 and is being looked at as we speak. It's a matter of time really :D

shaun01

Nov 22, 2007
Hi again Shaun :D

You can get a UK iPhone on any 02 Sim currently via downgrading to v1.1.1 then back to v1.1.2 with jailbreak/activate. This only work's for 02 Sim's unfortunately.

It seems that German iPhones are unlocked via iTunes in seconds and this could see super easy SIM UNLOCK soon! ;)

Also someone dumped the boot loader for v1.1.2 and is being looked at as we speak. It's a matter of time really :D
Many thanks i look forward to it.

Zach23

Oct 11, 2007
Many thanks i look forward to it.
Actually shaun, if you purchased a phone that didn't come with 1.1.2 you do NOT have the new bootloader. You can follow my guide to get you back to 1.1.1 safely...

Upgrading to 1.1.2 does not upgrade the bootloader as the bootloader is Hardware.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Actually shaun, if you purchased a phone that didn't come with 1.1.2 you do NOT have the new bootloader. You can follow my guide to get you back to 1.1.1 safely...

Upgrading to 1.1.2 does not upgrade the bootloader as the bootloader is Hardware.
i'd be very careful, i've not seen anyone confirm this.