Activating phone...Account password?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I'm activating my phone and in the porting screen it's ask for "account password, if applicable." What does this mean. I can't find anything on the boards or at Apple.com referencing this. Thanks.

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
With your current wireless provider, do you have a password for when you call to customer service, or go into the store to make any changes.

This password would have been setup by the primary account holder at either the time of activation, visit to the store, or call to customer support. It could be any word, phrase, or number, or combination of the two.

If you have to call your wireless provider and ask if there is a password associated with your account. If not, then leave it blank, if so I hope you remember it.

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
You probably wont find anything referancing it anywhere. It has to do with AT&T, not Apple, and before now the wireless consultant behind the counter at your local phone store took care of it.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Looks like the port went through ok. Everything is working but texting. Does it take time for it to kick in?
It did take a while to get sms back when I ported my number across from Orange to O2 - Texting took a couple of days, Edge was instant - and then Edge died again a couple of days later - that took O2 a couple of days to fix.