Activating the iPhone

afrojefro

Dec 6, 2007
i just have a few questions. do you have to activate it through iTunes or can you have some one activate it at the store like a normal cell phone and about how much does it cost to activate the phone thanks

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
i just have a few questions. do you have to activate it through iTunes or can you have some one activate it at the store like a normal cell phone and about how much does it cost to activate the phone thanks
When you purchase the phone it is not activated and you have not yet selected a plan. When you get it home you connect it to iTunes and through that interface you activate it and select the calling/data plan(s) that you want to use. They do not activate it at the store. The activation is free (you already paid for the physical phone) and then you will be billed for your first months use on whichever plan you selected when you activated.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The only thing that happens when you buy it in an AT&T store (I don't know about Apple stores), is they will preauthorize you for the phone account. Basically it does the credit check and makes sure you are good to get the account.