Activating without paying

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
I got my iPhone and got iPhonesimfree on it, ran through the activation process and everything was working great...managed to get a youtube fix and everything so it was all good but I wanted to upgrade to 1.1.1 and thats when everything went downhill.

I ran step by step through the idemocracy software and it all seemed to work fine... except for the small fact that my phone is not activated.. the only info I find on the net on how to activate 1.1.1 without iTunes is a complex text file of hacking commands I do not understand.. is there an easy way to activate an iPhone with 1.1.1? or am I better off restoring to 1.0.2 again?

I saw a thread here about an easy pointandclick unlock but that didn't work.. the screen said "phone activated" but when i checked my phone it really wasn't

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I got my iPhone and got iPhonesimfree on it, ran through the activation process and everything was working great...managed to get a youtube fix and everything so it was all good but I wanted to upgrade to 1.1.1 and thats when everything went downhill.

I ran step by step through the idemocracy software and it all seemed to work fine... except for the small fact that my phone is not activated.. the only info I find on the net on how to activate 1.1.1 without iTunes is a complex text file of hacking commands I do not understand.. is there an easy way to activate an iPhone with 1.1.1? or am I better off restoring to 1.0.2 again?

I saw a thread here about an easy pointandclick unlock but that didn't work.. the screen said "phone activated" but when i checked my phone it really wasn't
Donwgrade to v1.02 THEN UPGRADE USING THE EASY VARIOUS METHODS AROUND

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
?

Donwgrade to v1.02 THEN UPGRADE USING THE EASY VARIOUS METHODS AROUND
I haven't seen any real easy method around, I know how to jailbreak the phone but I don't know how to activate it.. I am not using ATT, I am using simfree on another GSM network, which means I cannot activate with iTunes, the method I used to activate 1.0.2 doesn't work anymore (that was simple, just connect and click a button) I am not sure how to do this.

I am in windows btw. modmyiPhone.com has great guides but the good ones seem to be for OSX and the one I need "activate without an ATT account" isn't working (the link isn't working)

Then i heard about devirginizing my phone which I am not sure I have to do

Drakenza

Oct 27, 2007
Hi,

If you used iDemocracy (or any other jailbreak solution for 1.1.1) you can activate with the newly released iDemocracy Activator on the iDemocracy website (http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy). It is confirmed working on firmwares 1.1.1 and 1.0.2.

Thanks for all the support iDemocracy has received in the last week or so!

-- Drakenza (the guy who wrote iDemocracy, in case you don't recognize me)

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
Hi,

If you used iDemocracy (or any other jailbreak solution for 1.1.1) you can activate with the newly released iDemocracy Activator on the iDemocracy website (http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy). It is confirmed working on firmwares 1.1.1 and 1.0.2.

Thanks for all the support iDemocracy has received in the last week or so!

-- Drakenza (the guy who wrote iDemocracy, in case you don't recognize me)
Hi, I saw a guide in hackintosh.com that showed me how to downgrade then upgrade then activate then unlock. my phone was already in 1.02 and i had already hacked/activated it and unlocked it with iPhone sim free so I used that guide only to upgrade to 1.1.1 and to activate 1.1.1 and it worked, now my 1.1.1 is activated and iPhonesimfree works fine with 1.1.1, so you could say it's all great except for one thing.

my installer is screwed.. it's as if it overwrote the last installer I had and it doesn't let me update to a newer version, it doesn't let me reinstall it, etc... I don't know what the problem is.. and I can't find a 1.1.1 version that's easy to install or a way to remove installer from my phone

Drakenza

Oct 27, 2007
Hi, I saw a guide in hackintosh.com that showed me how to downgrade then upgrade then activate then unlock. my phone was already in 1.02 and i had already hacked/activated it and unlocked it with iPhone sim free so I used that guide only to upgrade to 1.1.1 and to activate 1.1.1 and it worked, now my 1.1.1 is activated and iPhonesimfree works fine with 1.1.1, so you could say it's all great except for one thing.

my installer is screwed.. it's as if it overwrote the last installer I had and it doesn't let me update to a newer version, it doesn't let me reinstall it, etc... I don't know what the problem is.. and I can't find a 1.1.1 version that's easy to install or a way to remove installer from my phone
Hi,

Get the Installer.app Fix from iDemocracy's website and it should take care of all those problems.

Drakenza

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
Hi,

Get the Installer.app Fix from iDemocracy's website and it should take care of all those problems.

Drakenza
Ok you are the man for helping me hehe, right now I downgraded and am using the 1.0.2 upgrade, I kind of feel safe with this one but I will give it another shot maybe tonight. the one problem I had with 1.0.2 is that youtube wasn't working but I found some program from some brasilian guy that just fixes it quite easily so all in all 1.0.2 seems pretty good but yeah, I'll try that fix thanks