Activation Email Question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MikeMineo

Jun 30, 2007
When you finally receive the activation email, do you need to click a link to activate it, or does the iPhone just start working when the email is sent?

the reason is... I need to be at work in 2 hours and i was wondering, if i take my iPhone to work, will it just start working when email is sent? or do i need to sit and wait, open the email and click some sort of link to activate it?

im going on something like 14 hours almost without activation, (not to mention my iTunes 7.3 is saying i have no iPhone software installed, and i had to activate at another house)..

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
When you finally receive the activation email, do you need to click a link to activate it, or does the iPhone just start working when the email is sent?

the reason is... I need to be at work in 2 hours and i was wondering, if i take my iPhone to work, will it just start working when email is sent? or do i need to sit and wait, open the email and click some sort of link to activate it?

im going on something like 14 hours almost without activation, (not to mention my iTunes 7.3 is saying i have no iPhone software installed, and i had to activate at another house)..
Well when I got the email, my phone said it was already activated and there was a "Click here to finish" button, but it kept saying the store was busy but i didn't have any trouble using it. everythig worked without me needeing to click it. so idk

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Well when I got the email, my phone said it was already activated and there was a "Click here to finish" button, but it kept saying the store was busy but i didn't have any trouble using it. everythig worked without me needeing to click it. so idk
My phone was activated in the first iTunes session, when I plugged it in. I never even opened the email, nor do I remember it telling me to...

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Just checked the 2 emails I got. One from Apple says: Congratulations, AT&T has successfuly activated your iPhone service.

The other says: iPhone registered to "My Name", and it has a bunch of welcome to iPhone stuff in it.

Did u buy it at an AT&T or Apple store? Did they have to get some info from you, before you could just leave with the phone?

The guy at the AT&T store I went to, not only wanted all the major account info, but he needed to know what plan i was gonna get, too......
I told him that I was supposed to do it myself, and he explained that there were still a couple things he had to do, to make sure it went correctly, or something like that....

Can you take the phone out and expect it to work like magic later...

Ah no, I work there and they tell us that after you get the email or get one of the activation agents to activate it for you you must : un dock your phone,turn it off wait 30 seconds(yes more waiting!) turn it on dock it and then you should get your email. ^_^ so ah don't take it to work and expect it to start working after awhile.