Activation FINALLY complete!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lovemacs

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
After waiting in line for 8 hours. getting my phone at 6, and waiting MUCH longer after that for this stupid activation email.. My phone is finally working! I finally got my email when i woke up telling me a had a couple of options.. then when i opened my iTunes, they suggesting doing it all over again. I did. I couldn't port my old number.. so i moved on.. now i have a new one.. and my phone is working :) :) :)

Sorry about all the complaing the last couple days, guys

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Everything you said is exaclty what happened to me! I finally just got mine activated about an hour ago.:laugh2:

Did you try to port your old number then just decide against it?

I am trying t to port from Verizon and at this point i would just take a new number if i didn't have to wait.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
yeah Spyder, the Apple lady told me that again an hour ago and tried to add a personal touch that a family member of hers was in the same boat....

she did offer to send me email updates as she found out anything new..... she tried to explain how the system worked but had no clue as to why some go right through and others wait forever anda has nothing to do with really being in line -- the server just sort of randomly grabs another one and activates it

she says this new SIM card thing makes no sense and thatt its solely luck if it works, oother than perhaps by being able to do the activation over again you happen to pop in just at the right time when the server door is open looking for another one -- hell I have no clue what I'm talking about.....

lovemacs

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
hope for all of you!

Did you try to port your old number then just decide against it?
Yes that was my intent. This morning i got an email that said "With the credit information submitted, you have two options for activating wireless service."
Then it said that I could either 1) go to a cingular/ATT store 2) get a pre-paid plan.
So then when i plugged in my iPhone, iTunes jumped up and said i had 3 options.. the 3rd being "start activation over" and when i did.. i put in all my info and it told me i could not port my number and had to pick a new one.. so i did and now everything is great

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Yes that was my intent. This morning i got an email that said "With the credit information submitted, you have two options for activating wireless service."
Then it said that I could either 1) go to a cingular/ATT store 2) get a pre-paid plan.
So then when i plugged in my iPhone, iTunes jumped up and said i had 3 options.. the 3rd being "start activation over" and when i did.. i put in all my info and it told me i could not port my number and had to pick a new one.. so i did and now everything is great

wish that would happen to me.

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
Sorry to hear about all the porting/activation problems problems. The porting is adding to the delay. I feel your pain, when I ported to Cingular a couple of days ago it took 10+ DAYS.

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
After waiting in line for 8 hours. getting my phone at 6, and waiting MUCH longer after that for this stupid activation email.. My phone is finally working! I finally got my email when i woke up telling me a had a couple of options.. then when i opened my iTunes, they suggesting doing it all over again. I did. I couldn't port my old number.. so i moved on.. now i have a new one.. and my phone is working :) :) :)

Sorry about all the complaing the last couple days, guys
PRAISE THE LORD!:laugh2:

prolix21

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
still waiting on a port here. going on 35+ hours here... called them this am and they said my account was in 'port pending' mode, but the girl re-submitted it. said it could take another 24 hours. if its not done by tomorrow am i'm gonna be visiting the att store in person to kicks someone in the head.

Jun 28, 2007
I got the "port pending" line too. They told me they are waiting on Sprint to release it. I shuld now wait 10 more hours... so I called Sprint. They said they sent the confirmation,etc. yesterday!

I am back on the phone with AT&T.