Activation Instructions from AT&T

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I am using another phone's upgradability in my Family Plan to use on my number.

Do you guys think I could just switch the sim cards and try to activate over iTunes or do you really think I need to do the below to activate?

Im concerned because I do not want to activate an old phone that is not my number.

I want to activate the number that is on my current 3G

thoughts?

How to Activate Your iPhone:

Charge your phone/device following the instructions provided in the user's guide.
Power on your phone/device.
Call 1-866-499-8008 Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m. Eastern Time or Saturday from 11:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. Eastern Time to activate your phone/device. You may be asked for any of the following information:
Wireless Phone Number
AT&T Premier Order Number
15 digit IMEI number
20-21 digit SIM card number

prott1

Bronze
Feb 10, 2007
Southern Cali
I am using another phone's upgradability in my Family Plan to use on my number.

Do you guys think I could just switch the sim cards and try to activate over iTunes or do you really think I need to do the below to activate?

Im concerned because I do not want to activate an old phone that is not my number.

I want to activate the number that is on my current 3G

thoughts?

How to Activate Your iPhone:

Charge your phone/device following the instructions provided in the user's guide.
Power on your phone/device.
Call 1-866-499-8008 Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m. Eastern Time or Saturday from 11:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. Eastern Time to activate your phone/device. You may be asked for any of the following information:
Wireless Phone Number
AT&T Premier Order Number
15 digit IMEI number
20-21 digit SIM card number
I'm really hope the morons from Apple/ATT have included some type of direction on how to activate... It has gone both ways in the last few years... Hopefully iTunes, but it will probably be bogged down because of everyone trying to activate!

CJisohsocool

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
Im doing the same thing your doing, Im gonna call AT&T when i get the phone and have them switch it over to my number and make sure i get the data plan and not the other number.