Activation problem please help

iph0enix

Jul 14, 2007
long story so imma try and make it short, i bought a 4gb when it first came out, then dicided to return it for the 8gb which was a plus :D anyways now i cant activate it .... it keeps saying something about i needa enter my att number, which i don't have b/c i was never a member or had service with them before.... and ive talked to att and Apple about this and NO ONE CAN help me :/ ive tried everything from redownling iTunes to switching sim cards after sim cards and now the Apple store is closed down where i live.... for remodeling so please if n e one can help me out i would love to hear from YOU k thx in addvance -

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
long story so imma try and make it short, i bought a 4gb when it first came out, then dicided to return it for the 8gb which was a plus :D anyways now i cant activate it .... it keeps saying something about i needa enter my att number, which i don't have b/c i was never a member or had service with them before.... and ive talked to att and Apple about this and NO ONE CAN help me :/ ive tried everything from redownling iTunes to switching sim cards after sim cards and now the Apple store is closed down where i live.... for remodeling so please if n e one can help me out i would love to hear from YOU k thx in addvance -
In the activation process, are you answering the first question saying you are a new customer?

drubyt

Jul 10, 2007
Northeastern PA
since you are a new customer you need a credit check number from the att folks. I ran into this myself. unfortunately you need to contact an att store to have them do a credit check and they will give you a reference number to enter. the other option is to use a credit card and activate as prepaid phone (go phone)