Activation problem please help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iph0enix

Jul 14, 2007
long story so imma try and make it short, i bought a 4gb when it first came out, then dicided to return it for the 8gb which was a plus :D anyways now i cant activate it .... it keeps saying something about i needa enter my att number, which i don't have b/c i was never a member or had service with them before.... and ive talked to att and Apple about this and NO ONE CAN help me :/ ive tried everything from redownling iTunes to switching sim cards after sim cards and now the Apple store is closed down where i live.... for remodeling so please if n e one can help me out i would love to hear from YOU k thx in addvance -

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
long story so imma try and make it short, i bought a 4gb when it first came out, then dicided to return it for the 8gb which was a plus :D anyways now i cant activate it .... it keeps saying something about i needa enter my att number, which i don't have b/c i was never a member or had service with them before.... and ive talked to att and Apple about this and NO ONE CAN help me :/ ive tried everything from redownling iTunes to switching sim cards after sim cards and now the Apple store is closed down where i live.... for remodeling so please if n e one can help me out i would love to hear from YOU k thx in addvance -
In the activation process, are you answering the first question saying you are a new customer?

drubyt

Jul 10, 2007
Northeastern PA
since you are a new customer you need a credit check number from the att folks. I ran into this myself. unfortunately you need to contact an att store to have them do a credit check and they will give you a reference number to enter. the other option is to use a credit card and activate as prepaid phone (go phone)