Activation Problems!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

artjr

Sep 10, 2007
Tunkhannock, Pa.
Ok so today I went out and purchased the iPhone. I got home to activate the unit and still it has not gone through! Its been over 3 hours and 3 phone calls to AT&T. They tell me it could take up to a half hour. Well that was 3 hours ago! I get a message on iTunes stating "Your activation requires additional time to complete". "You will receive a confirmation email when complete". Is this normal to take up to 3 hours? As of this moment my iPhone still not activated.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Ok so today I went out and purchased the iPhone. I got home to activate the unit and still it has not gone through! Its been over 3 hours and 3 phone calls to AT&T. They tell me it could take up to a half hour. Well that was 3 hours ago! I get a message on iTunes stating "Your activation requires additional time to complete". "You will receive a confirmation email when complete". Is this normal to take up to 3 hours? As of this moment my iPhone still not activated.
Were you already with At&t or are you porting your number from another provider?

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I have the same message when i first activate the phone. Sometimes due to heavy traffic it will not activate. Just keep trying after maybe every 15 minutes. Good luck.

vtec236

Sep 11, 2007
Colorado
I had the same problem when i activated mine. It was due to being a AT&T "BLUE" customer meaning i was on the original network 5 some years ago. They had to migrate me to Cingular or AT&T "ORANGE" to activate the iPhone